Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just went through a cold spell in which it went down to -29C/-33F (plus wind chill). I think it is time to see what Jester's state is like

Comment

• MY state is Arizona, and I'm not really sure what the weather there is like at the moment, as I live in Florida.

However, I can tell you what Florida is like. Down here at the bottom in Key West, it is 68-72F. Up top near the Panhandle, it is 32F. I know the second one because a friend just moved there yesterday, and reported in on the temperature, a bit in shock.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
        Down here at the bottom in Key West, it is 68-72F. Up top near the Panhandle, it is 32F.
        Gotta love being in the middle of a big heat sink, eh? As a trivial but interesting fact, the same thing keeps me, one of the northernmost cheeseheads, roughly 2 - 3 degrees "warmer" than the more southerly Wisconsinites (IP, blas, RM, et al.) Rubbing their noses in the fact that it is 7° here while they suffer through 5° isn't much fun though.

(70F/21C High, 47F/8C Low in Scottsdale today, btw, my friend Jim tells me smugly pityingly informatively.

And since I'm replying in the thread, I have to say blas, that I've smiled every time I read past your Page 12 comment. Just the thought of that earthy phrase coming from that sweet all midwest woman face of yours makes me chuckle. And I wholeheartedly concur.

Comment

• Sms, I don't know that it's a heat sink so much as we're about 500 miles south of the Panhandle. It kinda makes a difference.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

• We got a small amount of snow last night. Took me about five minutes to brush the snow off my parents cars. It's almost all melted today.
            "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

• What? How do you know what I look like?

*hides*

Oh, if you think that's a mouthful, don't ever be near me at work. I haven't been taken to the great carpeted beyond of HR yet, but I'm sure one of these days, someone is going to be unappreciative of my offer to find them a big fat dick to eat.

In other news...I no longer have remote start. For some reason, my retarded self decided my key fob needed to be ran through the washer in my Colombia fleece. And then into the dryer. Wherein my car alarm went off, and sent my drunken dad into a tizzy. Wherein I couldn't find my keys. And then I did. And there's water damage.

No more remote start. Fuck.
              Last edited by blas; 02-04-2013, 01:17 AM.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

• It wasn't supposed to snow tonight. It was snowing super hard on the way home from my dad's place. My sister flipped a shit on me for having my step-dad take her SUV out of the garage so I could put mine in it.

Look, I don't give a crap that it woke her up. If some asshole tries to wake me up at 7:30am just so I can move my car, they should consider themselves in physical danger.
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
                  MY state is Arizona, and I'm not really sure what the weather there is like at the moment, as I live in Florida.

However, I can tell you what Florida is like. Down here at the bottom in Key West, it is 68-72F. Up top near the Panhandle, it is 32F. I know the second one because a friend just moved there yesterday, and reported in on the temperature, a bit in shock.
                  I did mean the state you are living in. Although Arizona would be having nicer weather than here.

Comment

• Quoth blas View Post
                    What? How do you know what I look like?
                    From that radio thing you had us all go vote on last(?) year.

Quoth blas View Post
                    Oh, if you think that's a mouthful, don't ever be near me at work.
                    Oh, I assumed you had the full repertoire, how could you work a factory (and with the people you work with!) and not? And I have NOoooo problem with language. It is useful, informative, and probably saves lives. It was just the contrast that tickled me.

Sorry to hear about your fob. Just washed my phone last week. Fortunately, it got better.

Comment

• Technically, we're supposed to be a "professional" work enviornment. Not to mention we have a couple of supervisors who use their religion as an exuse to refuse to tolerate cursing.

Tell ya what, my mom's going to school to be a preacher, and her cursing can color a wall better than anyone else's.

Comment

• weather.com sucks. It's supposed to snow during the day? Snows at night. Today it's supposed to snow late tonight? Been lightly snowing all day long. Jerks.

Comment

• Try Weather Underground, instead. I find it to be marginally more accurate on the forecasts than Weather.com.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• More snow on the way....oh boy, every day, an inch here, an inch there.

God doesn't want me to wear pumps.

Comment

• And we are, at the current moment, getting another round of freezing rain/ice. This is the only thing I hate about the temperatures hovering around or below freezing this time of year. *sigh*
                              "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

• Quoth blas View Post
                                More snow on the way....oh boy, every day, an inch here, an inch there.

God doesn't want me to wear pumps.
                                That is the way it was in the 60s and 70s in western NY when I was growing up. I can remember more than one Halloween with snow on the ground, maybe an inch or so ... and then snow every couple days that didn't melt away with an occasional storm. 3, 4, 5 feet on the ground was not uncommon and I can remember sledding out of the attic window [a full 3 floors] more than one winter.

It is now starting to make me feel nostalgic =) I really miss those type of winters. This snow, sleet, drizzle mudfest we have had for the past 20 or so years has been driving me nuts.
                                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                                X