Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today it's about 50F but windy as hell. It stormed overnight and the winds got up to 60 mph. Pulled the damn cable wire from my house off.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

• Well, it's colder than a polar bear's nose again. -19 F for the low tonight and 0 for the high tomorrow. Wind chills in the -30 to -40 range. Oh, well, time to turn the heat on again. I also have had my car plugged in @ work today. It probably doesn't need it, but to have it start easier, and the heat to come on quicker is a good thing on my way home.
      Last edited by Victory Sabre; 01-31-2013, 11:14 PM.
      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

• It was in the flippin' 60s (F) yesterday, and now it's 19 and we got snow again.

Damn, Pennsylvania! You so crazy!

Comment

• Perhaps this is not the best time to comment on how I am sitting in my new hammock chair on my balcony in only a pair of short, enjoying an unexpected day off. (I'm playing hooky, as my coworker wanted to work, and I happily gave her my shift, since the last two days involved me helping a friend move across town on Wednesday, and yesterday working my day shift followed by doing liquor inventory at night.)

I love late mornings like this, with the breeze blowing through my feet and hair, and just relaxing, with my biggest decision being where to have lunch.

I'm sorry....what were we talking about again?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
            Perhaps this is not the best time to comment on how I am sitting in my new hammock chair on my balcony in only a pair of short, enjoying an unexpected day off. (I'm playing hooky, as my coworker wanted to work, and I happily gave her my shift, since the last two days involved me helping a friend move across town on Wednesday, and yesterday working my day shift followed by doing liquor inventory at night.)

I love late mornings like this, with the breeze blowing through my feet and hair, and just relaxing, with my biggest decision being where to have lunch.

I'm sorry....what were we talking about again?
            May you get hit with a freak ice storm from Georgia.
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

• Quoth Racket_Man View Post
              hahahahaha *snort*
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                He'll be cau-cussing us.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Dale, I am probably one of the only people who got that terrible, terrible pun.

Seriously, just stop.

In other news, it is a chilly morning here in Key West...only 66 degrees. Debating whether to ride my bike or drive my truck to work....

Still A Customer."

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post

In other news, it is a chilly morning here in Key West...only 66 degrees. Debating whether to ride my bike or drive my truck to work....
                    Jester, just STFU . . . I'd kill for 66 degrees right now.

Right now, my Weatherbug shows 25 . . . we had wind and rain Wednesday night but luckily nothing compared to what some other areas around me got (we missed the flash flooding thank Goodness.) And this after we had near 72 degrees on Wednesday.

Now we're looking at a projected high of 40 F and warming to mid 50's by Tuesday.

Our plants and trees around here are getting mighty confused over the weather . . . chatted with a customer Friday at work who said she saw tulips blooming!
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• Phil didn't see his shadow. SPRING IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!
                      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

• Thank God. I was about ready to say, shoot the damn thing, ask questions later. Problem fixed.

The past couple of years, winter just keeps getting worse and worse. I'm sick of it. What happened to the winters of, say, 06 to 08...or maybe 09 as well, just one or two freak snow storms, barely ever any snow, just a week or two of cold, mostly bleh...seriously. I miss it.

The next week or so, an inch here and an inch there. Every day.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

• It's going to hit the mid-70's over here in sunny sou Cali, today.

We're going to throw our doors open to let the house get some air.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• Curse you all.

I still have to wait a good two months or so before I can wear all my new pumps and heels.

I wonder why I always go ga-ga with shoes in winter when I can't wear them?
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
                              Dale, I am probably one of the only people who got that terrible, terrible pun.
                              Strange thing to think Jester. I've always found CS to be pretty knowledgeable geographically. ymmv.

(Dale - this does not take away from the fact that it was, in fact, terrible. My wife heard me groan two rooms away. )

Comment

• Hey, I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. Also wouldn't be the last time.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X