Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Desperate Prayer Request
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
My short-term memory is crap (part of the ADD) and gets worse as I get older. I've found that if I'm writing everything down, that helps. So does having an almost-to-the-minute schedule, because that way I can not think about whether or not I've done something like brush my teeth. Setting alarms on my phone also helps (i.e. pick up laundry in 30 minutes, get tea in 5 minutes, go back to work in 10 minutes...).
-
UPDATE:
Little Bits saw the Orthopedic Surgeon yesterday. Good new is she did not tear anything in her shoulder. The two large knots that are on her chest and back are her muscles being swollen from the injuries she received. The bad news is, in addition to what they told her in the ER there are 8 cracked ribs.
Her biggest issue right now is her short term memory. It is kind of messing with her being able to do well in classes. Her professors are working with her though to get her through this
Leave a comment:
-
From Little Bits
Trying to go back to classes in the morning. Wish me luck with the added stress of catching up after rolling my car :/ thanks for everyone who has been praying for me. It means a lot
Leave a comment:
-
She is heading to class this morning. I told her to be careful walking on the snowy campus. She is supposed to call me after class
Leave a comment:
-
I'm so glad to hear she's okay, good thoughts and vibes going her way.
Leave a comment:
-
You're looking at a 13 year old car, and not particularly rare. Considering the amount of damage that rolling a car causes, would your dad and uncle be able to fix it up for less than the cost of buying one with no damage history?Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View PostHer car is a 2000 VW Beetle. My Dad is one of the most respected VW Mechanics in the area and my Uncle is one of the most respected body repairmen in the area. My Dad and Uncle will never put Little Bits in danger.
Leave a comment:
-
I can understand her concern with someone's driving. After I rolled my car in '06, I was jumpy as hell when I'd be in the passenger seat. Drove my ex crazy. One time I had fallen asleep and we went over some railroad tracks. Felt like going off the edge of the highway when I had my accident, which was only a few days before this happened. I woke up screaming.
As for the concussion, there isn't really much at all you can do for one and not really any need to worry. As long as you still remember your name and how to tie your shoes, that is. My back was in far worse shape even though my head hurt worse for a couple weeks.
Leave a comment:
-
Her car is a 2000 VW Beetle. My Dad is one of the most respected VW Mechanics in the area and my Uncle is one of the most respected body repairmen in the area. My Dad and Uncle will never put Little Bits in danger.
Leave a comment:
-
Glad to hear Little Bits is OK - she's irreplaceable, the car is only money. As for fixing it, be sure it can be fixed SAFELY. Wouldn't want her to be hurt later on due to "fallout" from this incident.
Leave a comment:
-
Good to hear things worked out, healthwise at least. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the car won't be a problem.
Leave a comment:
-
It is almost certainly fixable. However, someone should definitely have it checked out by a reliable mechanic to determine if it is still safe to drive after being fixed.Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View PostAfter my Dad looked at the car, he thinks it is fixable. He is checking on prices for the parts.
Glad to hear she wasn't too badly hurt. A concussion is scary, but it's the muscle strain and bruises that are going to be really noticeable for the next couple of weeks.
^-.-^
Leave a comment:
-
Hubby and I both talked to Little Bits last night. Our firend that she is staying with is helping her make cookies today which she is going to take to the couple that helped her out yesterday morning. She is very sore and is more concerned with her shoulder then her concussion. She called me as Z-Man was taking her out to get her some dinner last night. She kept on telling him to slow down that he was driving too fast.
After my Dad looked at the car, he thinks it is fixable. He is checking on prices for the parts.
Leave a comment:
-
I am just now seeing this. I'd text you, but it's 2:30 am where you are. I'm off the next 3 days if you need me, dear.
Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: