This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    Oh and Tracy, are you admitting that you're as old as my fiance says you look
    (no, he's never living that down, is he)
    He sucks...I much prefer YOUR opinion.

I proudly admit to be 41.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

41 is NOT OLD! O-o

Lindsay, date this guy if you want, but don't tie yourself down. (Advice from another one of the Parents here. )
      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
        41 is NOT OLD! O-o

Lindsay, date this guy if you want, but don't tie yourself down. (Advice from another one of the Parents here. )
        It's kind of an inside joke, Exp. PM me if you want the details, cuz I don't wanna hi-jack her thread with it.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post

Lindsay, date this guy if you want, but don't tie yourself down.
          Unless of course getting tied down is your thing

Okay, on a more serious note, excellent advice... let it go where it will go, but don't let him force you into something long term that you aren't ready for or don't want.
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

), and the best way to do that is to find a woman to get involved with and be married before the Lord. It happens all the time in Utah

I'm in the wrong state if it's that easy to get a girl to marry you in Utah.

Hell, it's damn near impossible to get dates here, but you can be gay and get married there...?
            Wow.
            Military Spouse Support.
            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

If I may say something here..

Please, for the first few dates, keep an open mind & try to step back from feelings until you get to know the real boy in real life.

I will freely admit to getting close to someone online, to all intents & purposes he was a kind, generous bloke who had a similar outlook on life to me.

When I did meet him the first couple of times, yes, seemed ok, maybe a bit shy & awkward, but i found out soon enough that the online persona was make believe.. the guy was an alcoholic dreamer with violent tendencies who lived in his own head and had other issues (that's the concise version).

Me saying this is just trying to point out as others have, that the person you talk to on line isn't necessarily the person you are actually going to meet and date. Its so easy to fake things when you're not talking to someone in the same room as you.

But also, on the other hand, I do know other people who have met and got to know someone online & subsequently got married, but from experience, please take it easy & be careful
              Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Not at all... that would explain a lot. I'm not sure if that is the case, but it is a plausible explanation for why he seems to be having to try so hard. He's trying to overcome something, whether that is just a lack of experience that he is overcoming, or his orientation that he's overcoming (or his inexperience due to his orientation )
                Oh lord.. Interesting to think about! I'm a little shocked there are that many gay married Utah residents.

Quoth Cazzi View Post
                Me saying this is just trying to point out as others have, that the person you talk to on line isn't necessarily the person you are actually going to meet and date. Its so easy to fake things when you're not talking to someone in the same room as you.
                Thank you for that.. I've never dated anyone I met online before, but I've met people online as friends several times so I'm familiar with the feeling that you have to re-learn them a bit - not being familiar yet with them in person. Still, I've never done it with these kinds of feelings attached before, so thank you for that, I'll be careful and keep an open mind.

"When your deepest thoughts are broken, keep on dreaming, boy; when you stop dreaming it's time to die" -- Blind Melon

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post

I'm in the wrong state if it's that easy to get a girl to marry you in Utah.

Hell, it's damn near impossible to get dates here, but you can be gay and get married there...?
                  Wow.
                  I never said that it was easy, just that it happened. There is a problem in Utah where there are many gay men (or lesbian women) who grew up being taught that all they had to do to be "cured" was hide who they were for long enough to get married and then a pesto, hetero... didn't work though.
                  Most of the heterosexual partners in these relationships had no clue that they had married someone who was homosexual. For those who did know, they believed they were called by God to help in curing the person. There is nothing easy about it.

Also Plaid, you have to remember, in Utah marriage is treated by many as a status symbol, not a symbol of love. I have actually met people who were stressed that they were 23 and not married when all their friends had married by 21 (of course, my reply is, how is the fact that you have standards and are waiting for the person you know you can spend the rest of your life with).
                  If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Cazzi View Post
                    I will freely admit to getting close to someone online, to all intents & purposes he was a kind, generous bloke who had a similar outlook on life to me.

When I did meet him the first couple of times, yes, seemed ok, maybe a bit shy & awkward, but i found out soon enough that the online persona was make believe.. the guy was an alcoholic dreamer with violent tendencies who lived in his own head and had other issues (that's the concise version).
                    I had a sorta similar thing...he wasn't violent or anything, he just annoyed the hell out of me when I met him...so there's that possibility, too
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I see two possibilities:

1. Dude is socially awkward, romantically clueless, and is very interested in you, but just doesn't have the experience to express it in a less sensational way.

2. Dude is attempting to use you, to lure you into something, perhaps a sexual liaison, being very manipulative.

My advice to you is, if you don't get any major red flags, treat it as the first, but be aware of the possibility of the second.

In other words, hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Make sense?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

I would proceed with general caution but as far as him being confusing...some people are just oddly like that. Out of nowhere I had a guy friend suddenly snuggle with me on a love seat for an entire night after everyone had gone to bed. We ourselves were trying to get at least some sleep but were awake and chatting for at least half the night. Throughout the awake part he gave me a kiss on the cheek and another on the hand and then proceeded to tell me what an awesome friend I was. And then got confused later when I explained that he had confused me with the whole thing. My buddy who had crashed in the living room as well also had had trouble getting to sleep apparently and said later that he also thought it was really weird combo of mixed signals. Not saying this guy isn't interested since obviously he is. Just saying that some people are kind of bad about accidently sending confusing signals.

I would recommend going very slowly with him even if you decide that you are interested in a relationship.
                        "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Working...
                        X