This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Amina516 View Post
    Has anyone done a short sale and have any advice? Buying this house would of course be contingent on me selling the one I have now. I dont know how the bank would like that....so, we'll see. My in laws are going to see the house for us this week and take lots of pics so we get the jist of the layout.
    My ex just moved into a short sale house a couple of months ago.

If you have any specific questions, I can ask him and relay his replies.

As a note, we're in California, and he only moved about 80 miles. Plus, the sale happened in like 2 months or something else ridiculously short.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      Plus, the sale happened in like 2 months or something else ridiculously short.

^-.-^
      That throws a wrench in my game!

Lol

The "9 months" came from the realtor in FL. Maybe they have different ways to go about short sales in different states? I know my sis in laws short sale home last year took 6 and it was HORRENDOUS..literally faxing papers back and forth from realtor, to sis in law, to bank and back.

In laws are checking out the house today....

*cross your fingers*

Comment

I moved to FL from OH and back. When we moved down we did it ourselves. U-haul, trailer all that jazz. When we moved back, we used this company www.movex.com It was good because we got to pack our own stuff, which really appealed to my husband, but they did all the driving. It was great. They were even way earlier than their estimate to deliver. Very professional drivers and they took good care of our belongings. If you do decide to go with them, locked it in when gas prices are lower. I made the mistake of deciding to shop around a little more and paid for it. We used a whole trailer so we wouldn't have other people's stuff in with ours and came from the Fort Lauderdale area to Cincinnati and it was around $3k. You do have to have access for them to drop the trailer off however, so keep that in mind.
        You can PM me if you have any questions.
        Is it really SO hard to listen to the prompts?

Comment

Ok, so the video of the house was GREAT.

IDK where to go from here.

I obviously have no money until this house sells. But we dont want to move until the summer. So, do I even bother? Or just cross my fingers and hope its still on the market when I move?

OR my in laws (the great people that they are) have mentioned possibly purchasing the house, but they dont want it sitting empty forever b/c thats a mortgage theyd have in their name and I certainly cant afford to pay on two mortages and they cant either. .

Sigh....life is hard. x.x

Comment

Get all the info about both markets from real estate agents in both areas. How long do houses take to sell, how long does a short sale take, etc etc etc. Have them give you concrete examples.

Comment

The house I set my sights on (and sadly my heart too) has an offer.. And it was taken off the MLS. The agent I spoke to said she will see if theyll entertain backup offers. *crosses fingers*

Theres TONS more houses around, its just that this one was perfect in location, size, price..../sigh.

Also, the local realtor is coming to see my house tomorrow. Im hoping she doesnt run out screaming, telling me my house is worth jack shit...

Quoth KiaKat View Post
              Get all the info about both markets from real estate agents in both areas. How long do houses take to sell, how long does a short sale take, etc etc etc. Have them give you concrete examples.
              I spoke to the FL realtor about that kinda thing. Shes kinda flaky, and it took her long enough to give me answers, but at least I got them.

Ill see my local PA realtor tomorrow and Ill get to ask her then. Theres a few houses for sale in my area but theyre not as awesome as mine... (IMHO of course... )
              Last edited by Peppergirl; 10-19-2010, 07:16 AM. Reason: Merged :)

Comment

Something else to know:

FL is having some *serious* problems with recent foreclosures. As in, many (if not most) of the recent ones were illegal or unethical. So I'd avoid looking at any bank-owned houses right now.

Throw the words "Florida" and "foreclosure" into Google News and you'll see what I mean.

The selling realtor should be approaching you with a finely-tuned proposal on pricing, based on recent sales of similar houses in your area, including those just above and just below your presumed value. If they aren't talking about having a pricing meeting, meet with another realtor.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post

The selling realtor should be approaching you with a finely-tuned proposal on pricing, based on recent sales of similar houses in your area, including those just above and just below your presumed value. If they aren't talking about having a pricing meeting, meet with another realtor.
                  I think thats what we're going to discuss. I specifically asked for a comparable marketing analysis so I can maybe see how much equity we have. Im hoping for a certain number though, so Im keeping my fingers crossed. I did check out her website after I was referred her by a friend and I got a warm fuzzy feeling. Like yes, this is her. LOL. I hope I was right. Would you recommened signing with her or should I go to other agents? I dont think I would even know what I was looking for If if did.

Also, I did hear about the forclosure freeze. I think it was only for Bank of America accts? But I could be wrong. I also saw today that they were going to resume. Luckily none of the houses Im interested are foreclosures, but they are short sales, which I guess go by a different set of rules?!

Care to come help me clean my house? LOL.

Comment

According to Fiance (who works for a mortgage company) many if not all states are entertaining a 60 day freeze on all foreclosures. Some companies have already instituted that, BofA being one. The reason being that some companies did not follow all proper steps and procedures in the foreclosure process for some of the sales.
                    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

What part of FL are you going to, Amina?
                      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                        What part of FL are you going to, Amina?
                        Kissimmee, FL

Just south of Orlando. Bout 1/2 hour away from the theme parks.

So, realtor just left. She gave the the "comparable market analysis" for houses that I feel are not comparable (if that makes sense and no its not just not me being a "proud owner"), and as a result the estimate of what she thinks the house should be listed @ is low (IMO and hubbys also).

Im trying to think of anything I can do to increase the value (while not pricing myself out of my neighborhood).

So, heres to painting, renovating, patching, fixing and replacing EVERYTHING in my house... Lol.

Comment

Look for a different realtor, for a comparison analysis.

Just because she was the first one you talked to, doesn't mean you have to go with her. You can work with a different person, from a different company. It could be that her company has only sold those houses in the last year, or that they don't have anything listed at your level.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
                            Look for a different realtor, for a comparison analysis.

Just because she was the first one you talked to, doesn't mean you have to go with her. You can work with a different person, from a different company. It could be that her company has only sold those houses in the last year, or that they don't have anything listed at your level.
                            Whats odd is that it just wasnt houses they her company listed, it was whatever house are for sale. She did say that of course there were more for sale, but this was the few she picked out before coming over.

However, after she left I jumped on a realty site and input info similar to my house as far as bedroom and bathroom # and city area and immediately, I got hits for at least 3 houses in my area that started at about $20 k MORE than the highest price she told me and dont seem to have been on the market any longer than 1 month. AND my house looks better (as in improvements, namely kitchen and bathrooms).

I think Ill will have another realtor come and talk to us.

This being the first one was just disappointing. needless to say, I got my dad to agree to install granite countertops ( I already have a granite island ) for a greatly reduced price, as he owns his own shop.

Comment

Oh that'll do a TON for the price. People are going apeshit over granite counters.

It's actually one of my few requirements. Either there are granite counters, or the owners are willing to accept an amount low enough that I can afford to put in my own granite counters.

Comment

The island is granite and its HUGGGEEE and the floors are tile and nice (imo), but the counters that surround the kitchen are wooden and generic looking.

You know, Im honestly considering doing a For Sale by Owner and save my husband and I a ton of money. The agent/company requires a 6% fee PLUS $195.

Stupid poopy fees.

Comment

Working...
                                X