X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Amina516 View Post
    Kissimmee, FL

Just south of Orlando. Bout 1/2 hour away from the theme parks.

It's an interesting area. My parents live in Ocala and my oldest son goes to UCF. I know a little about the area, it's pretty nice.

Congrats.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
      The island is granite and its HUGGGEEE and the floors are tile and nice (imo), but the counters that surround the kitchen are wooden and generic looking.

You know, Im honestly considering doing a For Sale by Owner and save my husband and I a ton of money. The agent/company requires a 6% fee PLUS $195.

Stupid poopy fees.
      FSBO is a pain in the butt, though. Agents have a lot more resources for selling, including connections to Buyers' Agents. It actually takes longer to sell FSBO, and you don't get as much money. Agents are there because they're damned good negotiators, and damned good networkers.

What's the fee for? Listing?

You also don't have to go with an exclusive agent. It's not required. You can offer the info to the various agencies, with your pricing, and tell them to list it as an open listing, that you won't work exclusively.

If you do go exclusive, limit the contract to 90 days. If the agent can't get the house under offer or contract in that time, you should move on.

Comment

In regards to the realtor "offer" being low, I think I know why.

My mother ran into this with the realtor she was using to try and sell my grandmother's house.

Basically, they're getting little return for what they're selling so they are putting houses on the market cheaper than even market value hoping they'll sell really quick so they don't have to put in a lot of work.

A 2nd opinion is always a good idea.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
          What's the fee for? Listing?

* Broker's Fee $ 5,694.00
          * Preparation of Deed $ 0.00
          * Transfer Tax $ 949.00
          * Seller's Assist to Buyer $ 0.00
          * Municipal Certification $ 35.00
          * Settlement/Notary Fees $ 25.00
          * Miscellaneous Lender Fee $ 200.00
          * Broker Fee $ 195.00

Estimated Costs $ 7,098.00

WTF!!!

Id rather FSBO to save over $7k!! Also, this is the fee at the price for the house that she lowballed. If I sell for more, the fee goes up.

Quoth Draftermatt
          In regards to the realtor "offer" being low, I think I know why.

My mother ran into this with the realtor she was using to try and sell my grandmother's house.

Basically, they're getting little return for what they're selling so they are putting houses on the market cheaper than even market value hoping they'll sell really quick so they don't have to put in a lot of work.

A 2nd opinion is always a good idea.
          I freaking hope so. If this market is that awful, I just might freaking stay. (ok, so I wont really, but still).

Comment

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=63450

READ THAT THREAD!!! ^^^^^^

And then I will tell you why im ready to pop someones head between my thighs and not in a good way.

Basically, the issue outlined in my thread, which was not our fault and which erroneously passed as a delinquent bill has been.. (guess....)

ADDED TO OUR CREDIT REPORT AS A DEFAULT PAYMENT!!!

What

The

Fuck

As such, we are unable to be pre qualifed for a home mortgage (through the company my real estate agent suggested). Her reason being that this is to much of a default ($6000) and it was too soon (listed as defaulted in June) EVEN THOUGH we signed the refinance contract in MAY.

Seriously.

FUCKING SERIOUSLY/

What the hell do I do to get that crazy shit removed off my credit report? Anyone?

Im going to bed.

*I do realize this thread has become my own pity party, however, I thank you all for the very real advice youve been giving me.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
              What the hell do I do to get that crazy shit removed off my credit report? Anyone?
              You have to dispute the charge with all of the reporting agencies.

Here's the FTC's information on How to Dispute Credit Report Errors

Good luck getting that stricken quickly and relatively painlessly.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                You have to dispute the charge with all of the reporting agencies.

Here's the FTC's information on How to Dispute Credit Report Errors

Good luck getting that stricken quickly and relatively painlessly.

^-.-^
                Thank you for that link. I bookmarked it.

So, in speaking with Experian and the car company...they are showing that we defaulted on an April 24th payment and so the "default" is "valid".

However, I asked how we could default on a payment thats automatically withdrawn by their own company, from our bank acct? Cue the stuttering and I think the poor girls head exploded.....

Simply put, their contract to withdraw money from our acct expired on April 10th apparently, so they couldnt withdraw legally. But they never provided us with a contract to refi or pay the balloon like they were supposed to, as stipulated in our original contract that started in 4/2006. The "late" charges were waived (b/c they were wrong) but they still submitted it as late to the credit report in June (10th-30th).....I dont get it.

I can expect a phone call in 2-4 hrs......

Theyre "consulting and investigating".

Comment

It sounds like you have them pegged into a corner. They dropped the ball and are trying to pin it on you.
                  Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

I fucking hope so.....Its been about 2 hours now.

Waiting patiently... lol.

Comment

3.5 hrs... Im calling them back.

They have a bad track record or returning calls and its almost the end of the business day.

Comment

So, they need to "consult" some more...

Im still being told i missed an April payment.

Once again, i asked...how did I miss a payment if its autowithdrawn.

Once again, no answer. But theyll call me back soon.... . Ill file with the BBB tonight as it seems the company does what it can to resolve BBB complaints according to the internetz...

Comment

Ouch. Yeah I got the missed an automatic payment thing recently. Because my bank decided to sell the loan..and they or the place they sold it too didn't bother to inform us OR tell us that the automatic payment would need to be set up again. It took months for them to wipe the missed payment off..and they only did it because I kept calling and yelling at them. 5 years no missed payments, and because of their mess up we get dinged? Not gonna happen .

Keep on it.
                          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Oh, Mytical, I feel your pain.

So i ended up filing with the BBB since it was midnight...I didnt figure they were calling me back.

I reallllly hope this gets resolved. Ive been nice to the people on the phone but im starting to lose my patience. And God Bless, who ever I lay the smack down on...but its not my fault!!

Comment

Hate to say it, but nice got me nowhere for a long time. Just remember to keep the anger focused on the company, not the people, but make sure they know you are upset. People might say that is going into SC territory, but when nice has been tried and it fails..time to not be so nice.
                              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                                Hate to say it, but nice got me nowhere for a long time. Just remember to keep the anger focused on the company, not the people, but make sure they know you are upset. People might say that is going into SC territory, but when nice has been tried and it fails..time to not be so nice.
                                SC is screaming, name calling, "you people"ing. There are legit reasons to be upset as long its not at the rep who hasn't done a thing. Its just called being assertive at that point. If you're stone cold in the right on this, don't let them push you around. They can have it removed from your credit report.
                                Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Working...
                                X