This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
    I'm glad to hear the memorial service was nice . . . but I still wish Plaid were here with us.
    I do too. I found myself wondering if he had any idea that so many people cared so much about him.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• At 1pm, Portland time, I was sitting in my car after work, listening to Hallelujah by Rufus Wainwright and grieving. I sat there and cried for a long time.
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

• Quoth XCashier View Post
        I went to the memorial. There had to have been at least 100 people there. There were photos of him on three signs, a slide show, speeches, songs...it was lovely.
        I'm glad you were able to go.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• I was out and about at that time. I happened to check my phone at about 3:04 my time and thought "damn, what a shame."

Again.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• At 1 Pacific, I was napping and Plaid stopped by in a dream to say hi. *sniffle*

Quoth dendawg View Post

for some reason this song is making me think of you:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2kxlZDOHeQ
            I've been thinking of that song, myself.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• At 1pm, I went to my favorite park. It's a very green place, with a little stream, wooden bridges, and horses in paddocks along the sides. There were ducks on the stream today. I lit a candle for Plaid.

When I arrived at the park, my radio was playing "End of the Innocence." when I got in the car to leave, "Here Comes the Sun" came on. It seemed appropriate.

ETA: I uploaded some photos here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...6&l=375fab2f81 and a short vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZA1kvConuE Hope that's not tacky, just seemed like the sort of thing I'd want a record of.
              Last edited by JoitheArtist; 07-03-2011, 02:52 AM.
              "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

• I had to work today, but was told to go on break 15 minutes before. I posted on his page: "Missing you so much right now. Your fairy searches, but she can't find you." He knows what that means.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
                  At 1pm, I went to my favorite park. It's a very green place, with a little stream, wooden bridges, and horses in paddocks along the sides. There were ducks on the stream today. I lit a candle for Plaid.

When I arrived at the park, my radio was playing "End of the Innocence." when I got in the car to leave, "Here Comes the Sun" came on. It seemed appropriate.

ETA: I uploaded some photos here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...6&l=375fab2f81 and a short vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZA1kvConuE Hope that's not tacky, just seemed like the sort of thing I'd want a record of.

Joi, the video is beautiful. <3
                  "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                  "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                  Amayis is my wifey

Comment

• Quoth XCashier View Post
                    I found myself wondering if he had any idea that so many people cared so much about him.
                    Sadly, once a person reaches that level of emotional pain.....I don't want to say they don't care....but that's about the only way I can explain it right now.....

Mike
                    Meow.........

Comment

• About 1pm PST I somehow found the reserve not to explode on a SC who was truly deserving of it and walk off my job for good. Still is saddening to randomly run across his final posts on here and fratching and I really didn't know much about him, I can't really imagine how those who knew him as more than just Plaidman are holding up. I have been following almost everyone post and it seems like he touched the lives of a great number of us here.
                      I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

• At 4 ET, I was getting into work >.<

I'm glad the service was nice; I'm offering prayers for him and his family.
                        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Joi, that was just wonderful. Thank you.
                          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

• I think I just found the perfect eulogy for Plaid:

"I will miss you. The days will seem shorter now, the nights that much longer. Sometimes I forget how mortal we really are. I don’t believe I’ll ever forget that again.......And now, Plaidman, you are gone. And I grieve. I live on, hurt, but not disillusioned. Sad, but still hopeful that the dreams shared by you and me and all those others — those with [hearts of gold] and especially those with none … Those dreams of peace and hope can still come true. We live on remembering and honoring the past, but always looking to the future. Good-bye, Driver… Plaidman. I will miss you forever."
                            Paraphrased from Superman's eulogy to Supergirl, Crisis On Infinite Earths #7, "Beyond The Silent Night."

Comment

• I didn't know Plaid anywhere near as well as some of you but after reading his posts and sharing the odd conversation in chat, I must admit I squee'd a little when he sent me a friend request.
                              The day he posted on my visitor page when he got his job, well, I think the excitement shone through and it had me grinning all day for him
                              RIP Plaidman. May your rest be forever pain free and peaceful.
                              Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

• Here's more strips with Plaidman's stories on it!

"I'm Married to Your Manager SC"

"I Tried Shoving Coffee Down My Pants For A Five Finger Discount And Burned Myself,I'll Sue Ya SC!!!"
                                Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 07-03-2011, 01:34 PM.
                                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                                X