This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mamadrae View Post
    I actually leaned over and checked. Nothing. I then pull out the owners manual and check it. Nothing on kilometers. Apparently our new 08 Malibu and kilometers don't mix.
    There should be a metric button SOMEWHERE in the car - most new GMs don't display both MPH and KMH, but if you hit the button, it starts displaying the correct speed (and distance, and temperature, etc).

Comment

Kinda of OT - for some reason, I keep hearing the title of this thread in Tommy Lee Jones' voice in "MIB" after the first time that he flashy-things Will Smith.
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
        And where would THAT be? I know some places don't (or didn't) have posted speed limits during daylight hours (weather permitting), but every place else has a speed limit of 55 or 65 mph.
        It's 75 mph in parts of Texas.

Comment

Quoth Music Mo-Gal View Post
          It's 75 mph in parts of Texas.
          And a few places in far west Texas, it's 80mph (like Hudspeth and Culberson Co, but not El Paso Co, I guess because of El Paso). Or at least it was a couple of years ago.
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Docmayhem View Post
            West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia have 70mph posted limits on the interstates...

...Which means that everyone actually drives about 80.
            Add Michigan to that list.
            This is like my expression when faced with a SC...

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...used-small.gif

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
              Florida's Turnpike is 70 mph, everyone does 80 - 85 usually.

I like going at night, that way I can hit the turnpike and do 100mph+ with no cops (or other cars for that matter) around for miles. Just got to slow down near the rest stops

What's sad is when you're pushing 105 - 110mph, and someone STILL comes out of nowhere and blasts past you.
              I was in Florida this past Feb. and I drove from Tampa to Ft. Myers. I was gong 85 on 75 and still getting passed. I had a few semi pass me too.

Comment

Just a quick reminder for everyone... if you need to make a conversion of measurement... and can get to google (friend's house, library, internet cafe, iphone, cell phone), half the battle is over...

All I have to do is search "convert 60 miles to km" for a quick response. This works for all kinds of other fun things too, including currency exchange rates.

Yes, I forget all kinds of different measurements during the average day.
                Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

Actually, you don't need the "convert." Just make sure it's "X unit to unit"
                  You can also get definitions of words by going "define: word". There's a fair number of google tricks. Quite useful.
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                    And where would THAT be? I know some places don't (or didn't) have posted speed limits during daylight hours (weather permitting), but every place else has a speed limit of 55 or 65 mph.
                    Arizona has 75 mph on a lot of highways, and the standard real speed is 85.

Comment

Working...
                    X