Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just happy to hear that someone at the store even knew about the Flag Code!

My pet peeve is when people hang them in windows: the proper orientation for them is as viewed by someone outside, not inside, so if you're inside, the flag actually looks wrong.

I once went rounds with a customer about this subject. He would intentionally come in when I wasn't working to try to get someone to flip the flag around. Wouldn't stop until I brought my old Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) manual in to show him the code. He at least had the grace to apologize after that.

And there are some people who get seriously irrate about people who don't "respect the flag" (as they determine respect). Right up there with defacating on holy symbols kind of irrate. I'm patriotic and all, but c'mon, there are limits.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
      And there are some people who get seriously irrate about people who don't "respect the flag" (as they determine respect). Right up there with defacating on holy symbols kind of irrate. I'm patriotic and all, but c'mon, there are limits.
      My only real pet peeve about that one is the people who were flying car flags around 9/11 but let them fray down to the union (or more).

Comment

Working...
      X