This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mytical View Post
    Heh, all this talk of sending people out to get things that do not exist reminds me of a place I will call 'The Mill'. Every new person went through an initiation, by being sent to the supply room for a board stretcher. (the place made cabinets) What nobody realized was that one of my brothers had worked there before me, and had clued me in. So when they sent me for a board stretcher, I went..and looked..and looked and looked. Somebody finally came up and said. "You know there is no such thing right?" I just nodded and said "I figure if they are going to pay me to look for something that doesn't exist, that is on them..not me."
    I'd take a snack with me, too--extra break!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Beki710 View Post
      Me: Well this is going to take some elbow grease...
      NCS (no common sense): So we need to go to [hardware store]?
      Me: I went this morning
      NCS: But you said you need elbow grease...
      Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
      Should have sent him to the store to get it. Plus some headlight fluid.
      Quoth Marmalady View Post
      And a long weight.
      I thought it was blinker fluid, not headlight fluid. As for the long weight, he'd need to go to a large specialty electronics supply house, not a hardware store, to get a 5 pound roll of .062" 60/40 rosin core solder.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

My friend Rick O'Shay (not his real name) used to joke that he'd go into Radio Shack and have them run around trying to find him "gold-plated optical cables" and a "new DVD rewinder."
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

If you tried that in my local computer retailer, they probably *would* be able to find a DVD rewinder - or at least the joke version of one. They carry a lot of gadgets as well as normal stuff.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            My friend Rick O'Shay (not his real name) used to joke that he'd go into Radio Shack and have them run around trying to find him "gold-plated optical cables" and a "new DVD rewinder."
            I'll bet Müonster s'Crewbya'll has both of them. If not now, urpcoming.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
            X