Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you k-something? So cool! Friend me over there.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

That's me. Will do.

Comment

Watch out, Food Lady. Looking at his forum username, I'd say he's a hardened criminal
        I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
          Watch out, Food Lady. Looking at his forum username, I'd say he's a hardened criminal
          If you're talking about me, I'm a she. The username was an inside joke with friends at the time since my usual username is very girly.

From my bio:
          Former Paramedic, Army wife, and now Mommy to a baby girl
          Mom/DAV wife

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            LOL, you guys. I drove 20 miles to the plastics doc this morning for him to tell me he can't tell how bad it is for 2 more weeks. So I'm supposed to go back. Add to the bills. To me it looks like a really bad popped blister now. The actual hole has scabbed over. I have feeling now; it has been sore all day whenever I touched anything. (I was instructed to leave it uncovered and function as usual). The actual injury site feels stiff. So we'll see.

I talked to my RN friend who told me if I'd had a heart episode, I'd have known by now. I think the ER docs were going to do an EKG but didn't. I have no idea if any problems will show up later, but worrying is of no use, though my mom keeps bringing it up. I think she's concerned because my brother has heart issues.
            Hope things work out ok - The fact you can actually feel pain there means that the nerves are still intact at the very least from the sounds of it, when you say it "feels stiff", do you mean when you physically try to move the finger?

Certainly sounds like it could have been a heck of a lot worse - and I will pretty much repeat what the others have said, ALWAYS unplug when working on anything electrical. Make a habit of instinctively doing it.
            Violets are blue,
            Roses are red,
            I bequeath to thee...
            A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Shocking!

Glad you're okay.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Speaking of changing light bulbs, I've got a fluorescent tube in the kitchen that needs replacing.

Yesterday, I actually remembered to get a new tube. I put it next to the old one - yes, it's the right size. Open the fridge next to it to put the food away...

...and the cover for the light fitting promptly falls off the shelf where I'd put it several days previously, and lands squarely on the new tube. BANG.

It was still in it's box, so contained, but utterly shattered. The old tube, sat right next to it, is still intact. FML.

At least the tubes are not hideously expensive, but they are awkwardly large to carry back from the megaultrasuperhypermarket.

Comment

Getting a shock can be scary - to all those around. I've been lucky, I get a lot of minor shocks, but nothing major that I recall. Hubby, though, had a bad one a few years ago. He was being nice, and hanging something on the wall for me. FYI, yes, I can hang a picture myself, honest , but it needed one of those hooks you have to drill a hole for, and at the time, we only had a huge heavy drill. I have weak wrists, and with that drill, could never manage a straight hole. Anyway, he hadn't turned off any electricity, because based on where the nearest plug & switches were, there shoudn't be any wires anywhere near where he was drilling. He began to drill, and next thing we knew, there was a puff of smoke, and he was off the ladder & halfway across the room .

He was fine, shook up (as was I), no immediate or later problems, very lucky.

But we both learned a valuable lesson for life - just because things appear on the surface to be the same, never, ever assume that they really are the same when you've moved to a different country.

Madness takes it's toll....
                  Please have exact change ready.

Comment

^ Oh, wow! It's not funny, but I guess mine wasn't that bad. It seems to be healing nicely, but is numb in places. I hope that's not permanent.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                      Speaking of changing light bulbs, I've got a fluorescent tube in the kitchen that needs replacing.

Yesterday, I actually remembered to get a new tube. I put it next to the old one - yes, it's the right size. Open the fridge next to it to put the food away...

...and the cover for the light fitting promptly falls off the shelf where I'd put it several days previously, and lands squarely on the new tube. BANG.

It was still in it's box, so contained, but utterly shattered. The old tube, sat right next to it, is still intact. FML.

At least the tubes are not hideously expensive, but they are awkwardly large to carry back from the megaultrasuperhypermarket.
                      You sure it is the tube and not the starter? If it flickers on and off, it usually means the little starter unit is buggered. Fluorescent tube generally last a REEEEEALLY long time unless you shatter them.
                      Violets are blue,
                      Roses are red,
                      I bequeath to thee...
                      A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Working...
                      X