This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What they said!

Also, ask your manager about that reference; she'll be willing, I'm sure of it.

Then get OUT of this trainwreck as quickly as you can. I'm getting really scared for you.

Comment

• "If you don't mind my ignoring the phone and other customers, maybe we should have this 'meeting' in my office? That way we'll have access to all the paperwork, documents, and supplies we'll likely need. But first, here is a list of paperwork we must absolutely have if we don't want the FDIC slamming the bank with fines. Until we have these, there is no way we're going to be able to start sorting it out. Unfortunately, I've been unable to get this from X. You have more clout with X, so you should have more luck with it than I." Hand him the list and then *shrug* let him sort that part out, if it's that important.

Whatever you do, don't be alone with him. Especially in an area without cameras or potential witnesses. Trust your instincts, because if the creep meter is going off then it likely has a reason to. You already suspect he might be out for your job. Don't give him the ammo or chance.
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

• I don't think he's out for my job, exactly. He knows I'm an asset to the bank and that the bank couldn't function without me. At least, not easily and not without significant training of other employees. (I wonder what they're going to do when I take a few days off next month.) What appears to be happening, so far, is that they're expecting me to do the jobs of two people for less pay than what even one of them should be making. Also without an appropriate title, training, etc.

Goodhair hasn't brought up sequestering ourselves in the basement again. If he does, I'm going to outright refuse. I intend to have the part-timer he hired sort through that file on Monday (preferably at a desk near mine and Goodhair's, so we can help her out if she has questions). Goodhair says she has some experience with commercial loans, so that should be appropriate, especially since Goodhair said one of the reasons he hired her was to help me out with more "mundane" tasks so I can focus on what I need to get done.

Monday is also when we expect FDIC examiners to arrive at the main branch. If they're paying attention, they should see what horrid loans Goodhair has been making. I'm not holding out hope, though.

Also with regard to the NMLS registration, "tomorrow" actually means "next week" in Goodhair time. Perhaps even later. meh
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
          Monday is also when we expect FDIC examiners to arrive at the main branch. If they're paying attention, they should see what horrid loans Goodhair has been making. I'm not holding out hope, though.
          Is there any chance an "anonymous whistleblower" will call and give the FDIC a hint as to what to look for?

Comment

• Quoth ADeMartino View Post
            And if you MUST file a complaint, you bang on the door of every single manager in that bank - all the way to the CEO if you have to - and you play that tape for them. And do not relinquish custody of that tape to ANYONE, or you run the risk of it just vanishing.
            Better yet, make a copy of the tape (original stays at home), and play the copy to management. Depending on how crooked higher-ups are, I wouldn't put it past them to forcibly take the tape to make sure it vanishes.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Oh the FDIC will find them, they are VERY thorough.

Comment

• Quoth Kittykat View Post
                Oh the FDIC will find them, they are VERY thorough.
                That has not been my impression from my viewpoint as an employee of an examined bank.

The examiners were delayed due to the weather. I think they're supposed to arrive tomorrow, now.

I'm so stressed out from the overall situation that I'm literally shaking today. I keep looking at the clock, counting the minutes until coffee break, lunch, coffee break, closing time. I need to get out of here before I have a nervous breakdown.
                "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Sweetie, it's time for some mental health leave. Go and get a certificate. Get the hell out of there. Seriously. Leave Goodhair to stew in his own juices and take a break.
                  "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

• Please don't stress out too badly. Your name isn't on these loser loans, Goodhair's is. And if the higher-up's have ignored this situation then the wraith of the FDIC falls on their heads!

Comment

• Quoth KatherineB View Post
                      Sweetie, it's time for some mental health leave. Go and get a certificate. Get the hell out of there. Seriously. Leave Goodhair to stew in his own juices and take a break.
                      This, absolutely. And then some.

Comment

• I'm considering taking a mental health day tomorrow. Only I won't call it that - I'll just call in sick. The only way I could actually relax on a day off is if I don't have to worry about work I've left hanging, so I'll make sure I've got any loose ends tied up first.

The part-timer has been a great help the past couple days sorting loan files and typing comments. I actually need to find more work for her to do. The catch-22, again, is that I don't have the time to train her to take some of my workload off of me.

Goodhair left a few minutes ago to take loan files that the examiners requested to the main branch. I didn't have a chance to talk to him about whether he would be discussing my promotion with those who can (according to him) make the decision.

There's another thing that's bugging me. Everybody got an email this morning announcing promotions: the bank president has taken over the position of Chairman of the Board and CEO. Someone else is taking over the position of president, and Goodhair has been named Assistant Vice President and Branch Manager of our branch. Maybe it isn't important enough to warrant an email to all employees, but where's my promotion?
                        -Mira Furlan

Comment

• I just asked my old boss if I could use her as a reference on my resume. She only seemed a little surprised. She asked if I had some place in mind, and I told her that I didn't yet, but I was going to start looking. She said she'd be glad to do that for me.

We talked for about 15 minutes about how the bank is screwing us both over. How, even with the part-timer, there should be plenty of money in the budget to give me a raise since my old boss is only making 2/5 what she was before the first of the year. We talked about getting registered for the NMLS, and how Goodhair hasn't followed up with me about getting him registered. And we talked about how Goodhair doesn't like anybody who questions his decisions. Which means, despite his recent behavior, he must not like me very much. But that's ok, since I don't like him at all.
                          -Mira Furlan

Comment

• It sounds like they're trying to force you to quit, which sucks. OTOH this job blows so getting out is a good thing.

Comment

• Goodhair promoted?

Yeah...you won't be. I knew when I read that. You've probably made life 'too difficult' not to mention the old boys thing...
                              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• Fucking Goodhair put me on the spot at the loan committee meeting this morning. He asked me what I felt I needed training on. I wanted to say "everything." But instead, I wracked my brain trying to think of something while four people stared at me. After several minutes of awkward silence, he finally said, "it doesn't have to be right this minute. But we want to use <old boss'> expertise while she's here two days a week and can do some training with you. So why don't you put together a list by the end of the day."

ETA: The part-timer seems to have a similar opinion to Goodhair that I do. Yesterday, I had her filing documents and she brought me a hand-written document (in Goodhair's handwriting) that had a list of his justifications (excuses, really) for doing loans for the tribe. She said, "This needs to go in the file for <big tribal loan>." Before I put it away, I scanned a copy to myself. You know, just in case the original disappears.
                                Last edited by Ghel; 02-04-2014, 02:17 PM.
                                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
                                X