Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't posted in a while. Time for a small update. Goodhair hasn't changed. He's still a sexist, annoying asshat who makes jokes in poor taste. A couple of examples:

The other day, he suggested that if we needed to do a fundraiser, we could put <attractive coworker> in a dunk tank behind the bank.

Today, he told this joke: "Did you hear that the Vikings traded Adrian Peterson to the Twins? They needed a switch hitter."

(To "ruin" the "joke" for those who don't follow American sports, Adrian Peterson is a football player facing child abuse charges for allegedly striking his son with a tree branch, or "switch." The Minnesota Twins is a baseball team.)
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Classy. Mature. Not.

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
        The other day, he suggested that if we needed to do a fundraiser, we could put <attractive coworker> in a dunk tank behind the bank.
        Maybe the bank could put HIM in the dunk tank. Just wait until it's nice and cold first.
        This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

• That's a good idea. Too bad for any bank customer that wants to take a shot though. The line would be all the bank employees.

Comment

• I got slightly reprimanded this morning for sending a past due letter to one of Goodhair's customers. He said that all his customers should get calls from him instead of past due notices, not even notices automatically printed by the mainframe, lest his customers "blow up" when they open the envelope. "We've got to treat some of them with kid gloves," he says.
            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
            -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
              I got slightly reprimanded this morning for sending a past due letter to one of Goodhair's customers. He said that all his customers should get calls from him instead of past due notices, not even notices automatically printed by the mainframe, lest his customers "blow up" when they open the envelope. "We've got to treat some of them with kid gloves," he says.
              Let me guess, this translates as "I need to warn them first, either to cough up some money or skip town..."

It looks like Goodhair's bad loans are starting to lay their rotten eggs...

Comment

• This particular loan was a personal loan ($40k) to a local businessman. What Goodhair's worried about isn't the personal loan, but the business loan ($4 million) that said businessman controls. If the guy was pissed off enough, he could take that loan elsewhere, and we'd lose out on the interest and fees from that loan. Plus, I'm sure the guy would tell all his business associates, and we wouldn't be able to set the record straight because of privacy laws.

So I get where Goodhair is coming from on this. But from my point of view, if we can't trust the guy to pay back a $40k loan, how can we expect him to pay back a $4 million loan?
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
                  So I get where Goodhair is coming from on this. But from my point of view, if we can't trust the guy to pay back a $40k loan, how can we expect him to pay back a $4 million loan?
                  That is a _very_ good point...

Comment

• I dream of a workplace that has effective communication.

Back before the bank changed hands (5 years ago, now), we bought a number of participation loans. These are loans where we buy a portion of a loan, but the originating bank does all the interaction with the customer. We earn interest, but have less of a workload associated with the loans. When the bank changed hands, we had over 30 participation loans. We're down to about half that. But we also have half as many employees, so no one has time to keep up with making sure we have all the financials and insurance, etc. on the loans.

A few months ago, Goodhair talked to his boss (the Chief Loan Officer) at the main branch, and they decided that all but the three most local loans would be moved to the main branch, so that we wouldn't have to deal with the upkeep of these loans. As the one who used to maintain these files, I would have thought that they would tell me what's going on with these files. Here's a short list of things I either just found out the past few days or haven't gotten an answer to yet.
                    • which loans remain in our branch and which are in the main branch
                    • whether we need to keep any of these loans on our tickler (the list of items needed on an ongoing basis, such as current proof of insurance)
                    • who at the main branch I should forward emails regarding these loans

When I finally (yesterday) got a straight answer from CLO that all the participation loan files were in the main branch (which then turned out not to be true, there's three that are still here), I forwarded him the extension on one of the loans that was still here. Then today, Goodhair told me he'd called the originating bank on a modification of one of the loans that's still here, and they told him that they'd sent it to me. So he griped at me for making him look like a fool, when I had no idea the information was supposed to go to him. I sent it where I was told to send it.
                    Last edited by Ghel; 02-19-2015, 07:21 PM.
                    -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
                      So he griped at me for making him look like a fool, when I had no idea the information was supposed to go to him. I sent it where I was told to send it.
                      That sounds like Goodhair all the way, all show and no thinking...

Comment

• Goodhair just made a statement to me that suggested that he has, in the past, taken pictures of houses which were not the collateral on a loan to support the value of collateral on a loan. It's one thing to joke about it, but he was doing it in that joking/not joking way.
                        -Mira Furlan

Comment

• And I suppose reporting this to his bosses would make absolutely no difference . . .

Comment

• Quoth morgana View Post
                            And I suppose reporting this to his bosses would make absolutely no difference . . .
                            Based on the obvious Good Ol' Boy system firmly in place I would say only to Ghel, who would get royally reamed. Nothing would happen to Goodhair...

Comment

• Yeah, since he said it in passing, in that joking/not joking way, there's nothing there that I can actually report. And since he's buddies with the Chairman of the Board and a number of other higher-ups at the bank, there's no way he'll get in trouble for it, but I could face unofficial repercussions for it.

ETA: And now he's trying to teach me to cheat the bank. When I had him sign my expense sheet for my mileage for going to get actual pictures of the customer's property, he says, "You should have rounded it up to $13.00."
                              Last edited by Ghel; 02-27-2015, 08:38 PM.
                              -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Goodhair just told a coworker, "If it warms up, you can take a test flight on that broom!"
                                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
                                X