Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next time he asks you to do something, simply tell him that you're not permitted to do any office business with him on the ground that he got you in trouble, and that both of your bosses have confirmed that he is not to do office business with you any longer.

Comment

• I had to go back and reread this entire thread. Boy, what a disaster from the very beginning.

Several questions:

1) The loan to Goodhair's daughter and son-in-law for the laundromat, how did that turn out?
      2) The $40,000 loan with only $30,000 security, how did that turn out?
      3) The $4.2 million loan with no paperwork, how did that turn out?
      4) Any word on the latest disaster loan? The one the previous bank wrote part of off?

Rereading this really reminded me of what a total git Goodhair is. I can't believe the Board of Directors aren't taking this seriously...

Comment

• This is nothing but a hott mess. You know it's bad when you have to use 2 t's. Keep yourself all documented and covered, including his inappropriate behavior.

And I dunno about anyone else, but is anyone else picturing this guy when Mr. Goodhair is described?

http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...E&fr=yfp-t-900

Comment

• Nah, he's more like this guy: http://image.truckinweb.com/f/opinio...ce-space-4.jpg only without any actual supervisor role and redder skin.

I spent a good chunk of time this weekend trying to think of how to apologize to Goodhair for being snarky, but I couldn't think of any way to say it without being snarky again. "I'm sorry I suggested that you don't know what you're doing, but you didn't give me complete information and that form was filled out completely wrong. Did you even read the form?" Nah, that would be bad. So I didn't apologize. I don't really think I should have to anyway.

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
          Make sure you document EVERYTHING and CC to everyone that might even remotely be between him and the big boss. And I'd be making a call to HR as well. The words HOSTILE WORK ENVIRONMENT is sure to get some attention.
          I have been documenting everything. The main problem is what to do with it. I have no idea who Goodhair's supervisor is. Nor anyone else's, for that matter. There's no organizational chart. There's no list of employees and their titles. And HR is a joke. It's one woman (I think) and I don't think she would understand what the word "harassment" means.

Quoth emax4 View Post
          Next time he asks you to do something, simply tell him that you're not permitted to do any office business with him on the ground that he got you in trouble, and that both of your bosses have confirmed that he is not to do office business with you any longer.
          I wish I could do that. I'd get in trouble if I didn't do the work he assigned me. It's under that "other duties as assigned" BS.

eltf177, I'll try to answer your questions on my lunch break.
          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
            ... It's one woman (I think) and I don't think she would understand what the word "harassment" means.
            ... if it grabbed her ass ...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth patiokitty View Post
              Here's the thing - is he authorized to assign you more duties? If he's not authorized, then you're in the clear. Perhaps talk to your boss to find out just what this douchebag is allowed to make you do. Frankly, I'd be telling your boss that you want no part of anything GH wants you to do - he's a slimy bugger, and probably (likely) doing dirty deals.
              Well, that's part of the problem. Nobody seems to know what his actual duties are, other than making loans he thinks are appropriate. His title is "Regional Development Manager" whatever that means, and I have no idea what his job description is, if he even has one.

I was talking to my boss on the way out the door Friday. (She's Branch Manager and Executive Vice President. You'd think she'd have authority over Goodhair, but she doesn't.) She seems to be as frustrated by him as I am. She said "we're not entitled to an opinion." We just have to do the work we're assigned, and we're not supposed to say anything if we don't think it's a good deal for the bank. I think this comes after voicing her reservations to upper management and getting shot down.

Quoth eltf177 View Post
              I had to go back and reread this entire thread. Boy, what a disaster from the very beginning.

Several questions:

1) The loan to Goodhair's daughter and son-in-law for the laundromat, how did that turn out?
              The main business is a restaurant; the laundromat is attached. But anyway, the loan was booked while I was on vacation. They never did get an updated appraisal. Nobody has asked me to sign the appraisal review form, so it's in the file unsigned.

2) The $40,000 loan with only $30,000 security, how did that turn out?
              Seems to be ok. It's only been on the books a short time, but so far, the payments have been made.

3) The $4.2$2.4 million loan with no paperwork, how did that turn out?
              I haven't really been working with that one, but I think we finally got the information we needed, just some of it we got after the loan was booked. Which is a big no-no.

4) Any word on the latest disaster loan? The one the previous bank wrote part of off?
              They managed to get enough deposited into their checking account to make the first payment on the new loan, but the check they gave us to pay the interest on the old loan bounced. Twice. That amount was put back on the old loan yesterday. So they still have to pay that amount (about $1000) plus their payments on the new loan.

Rereading this really reminded me of what a total git Goodhair is. I can't believe the Board of Directors aren't taking this seriously...
              I don't think they're aware of what's going on, and they probably won't until something major blows up.
              "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
              -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Thanks for the updates, depressing as they are.

So no accurate or even signed apprasal for the resturant/laundromat? No problems here...

Getting information _after_ the loan is approved? Again, no problems here...

Checks bouncing on the new loan? What problems?

Something tells me the Board of Directors are going to get a _very_ nasty wakeup call here and soon... Then, of course, the wail will be "Why weren't we told about this!?!?!"

So it's somebody else's fault you weren't bothering to pay attention? NICE TRY!

Comment

• Quoth eltf177 View Post
                  Then, of course, the wail will be "Why weren't we told about this!?!?!"
                  I hope Ghel's boss put her reservations in writing, rather than just "voicing" them.

Comment

• Quoth eltf177 View Post
                    Then, of course, the wail will be "Why weren't we told about this!?!?!"
                    I think it's odd that the upper management would so willfully and totally isolate themselves from their own executives - from the very people they should be relying on to raise the alarm.. ESPECIALLY after the number of red flags that should have gone up when Goodhair was hired. But apparently nobody's even taken a LOOK at this guy or the king-size batch of misery he's cooking up.

I don't know, maybe it's just me. If one of my employees convinced me to hire on his bestest buddy DESPITE the fact that he'd been fired from his previous job under mysterious circumstances, odds are I'm gonna take a peek in on what he's doing from time to time, and maybe ask a few questions of the people he works with. Assuming, of course, I want my business to actually succeed.

My concern isn't the bank or its upper management. They created this problem by bringing Mr. Goodhair on board and giving the apparent freedom to do anything he pleases. MY worries are for Ghel and her manager - the people who can see the disaster coming and can't seem to get anyone to take notice. Worse, Goodhair keeps trying to pull Ghel and her manager into this fracas. I already know who Goodhair is going to try to blame when it all goes critical mass. It takes precious little to set of a shit-avalanche, but it always rolls downhill, and it gains mass and velocity as it goes, and it's the poor guy at the bottom that gets buried.

If upper management is willfully ignoring all of this, then I have to suspect that they are criminally negligent at the very least, possibly even criminally INVOLVED. And neither of those are particularly savory thoughts in a financial institution.

Comment

• Document, document, document. For example, it was Goodhair's initials on the wire transfer I did today, where he waived the $50 fee for an international wire transfer. I had a feeling he would say to waive the fee, so I mentioned it to the customer while Goodhair was standing there. The customer was ok with it, but Goodhair said not to charge him anyway. The part that made me go was Goodhair's comments about how the customer was a long-term customer of his and a friend, and what good was that friendship if he couldn't waive a fee for him once in a while?

This was the same customer who Goodhair did the $40,000 loan secured by a $30,000 savings account. I don't remember if I mentioned, but that loan was used to pay down the most recent loan I was complaining about. The one that the old bank wrote down a chunk before we bought it. Yeah, that one.
                      -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
                        This was the same customer who Goodhair did the $40,000 loan secured by a $30,000 savings account. I don't remember if I mentioned, but that loan was used to pay down the most recent loan I was complaining about. The one that the old bank wrote down a chunk before we bought it. Yeah, that one.
                        And things just keep deteriorating...

Comment

• Ghel, find a way to keep paper documents. And keep those copies out of reach of anyone that works for the bank. Computer files are nice but on-so-easy to make vanish - especially on THEIR system.

YOU HAVE NOTHING TO APOLOGIZE TO HIM FOR, by the way. His behavior - both as a banker and as a human being - is patently inappropriate, and if HR can't/won't help, I suggest you speak to an attorney. HR might be able to sweep a complaint under the rug, but a letter from an attorney will get EVERYONE'S attention pronto. And while you're at it, perhaps that attorney can give some more advice on how to protect yourself from the fallout when it all goes boom. His type tends to take others with them when they go.

Comment

• Yeah, I don't think I have enough to make a formal complaint to HR, nor to talk to an attorney. What would I say? That Goodhair threatened to fire me (which I'm pretty sure he doesn't have the authority to do) because I was "fresh" in an email? The only thing I really have going is to say he's creating a hostile work environment. But even that is a side-effect of his questionable business practices. It's when I try to question things that I get pushback. I don't think there's much I can do right now except try to keep my nose clean and my mouth shut.
                            -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
                              I don't think there's much I can do right now except try to keep my nose clean and my mouth shut.
                              That and cover yourself when the sh*tstorm finally hits...

Comment

• And document profusely wherever possible.
                                My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
                                X