No announcement yet.

The Coronavirus Panic Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got my 2d dose today 2 weeks and maybe going no mask but I have enough public contact and there are enough idiots out there (anti-vaxxers etc) time will tell
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

• Masks mandate is expected to be lifted for stores (but not for public transportation or doctors' offices) either later this week or early next week. The party leaders of the Parlament are discussing it right now, I'll guess there will be a press conference later tonight.
      A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

• My husband, the anti-mask, anti-vax guy just recovered from being down for almost a month. I lived in our smallish 1500 sf home and slept in the same bed with him. Not even a sniffle from me. I also haven't had any side effects from my shots.

I am disappointed that I haven't become one with the interwebs, but at least I haven't turned magnetic.

Comment

• Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
          ... but at least I haven't turned magnetic.
          Isn't he still stuck on you?
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Back at the beginning of last year, I decided I was going to try and get out to see more concerts, whether it was local bands or big-name bands. But we all know what happened. Well, concerts are finally coming back, and guess who's going to see Judas Priest's 50 Metal Years Tour in September? This guy!
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

• Quoth MadMike View Post
              Back at the beginning of last year, I decided I was going to try and get out to see more concerts, whether it was local bands or big-name bands. But we all know what happened. Well, concerts are finally coming back, and guess who's going to see Judas Priest's 50 Metal Years Tour in September? This guy!
              nice move man have fun

Comment

• Not sure if it's pandemic related or not, but the fed is limiting how much coin we can order at once, again. We're having to limit what we give out to customers, and we've decided we won't give out coin to non-customers (those who don't have a checking or savings account with us), too.
                "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

• ghel - Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Sadly, we all know this site wouldn't exist if all customers were reasonable. *sends Ghel a case of strong wine*
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Cheers! *guzzles wine in the privacy of her own home*
                    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                    -Mira Furlan

Comment

• I had my first shot of Pfizer earlier today - for now all I've got is a sore arm (not painful, just annoying). I hope it keeps this way. Next shot is booked for in about a month.
                      A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Comment

• Quoth NorthernZel View Post
                        I had my first shot of Pfizer earlier today - for now all I've got is a sore arm (not painful, just annoying). I hope it keeps this way. Next shot is booked for in about a month.
                        Wow ... I wish I lived where you do. In my province they require 12 weeks between shots!

I was working at my job the other day and one customer held out her rewards card for me to scan.

I raised my hand ... holding in it not the hand scanner but the spray bottle of sanitizer.

Customer yanked her card back and stared at me.

Me: "OMG I am SO sorry! Clearly I need more caffeine."

Customer:
                        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
                          Me: "OMG I am SO sorry! Clearly I need more caffeine."

Customer:
                          Ok, that's funny

In other news, as I posted earlier we'll lift mask mandates for practically everything but public transport from Monday, as we already have rules for providing proof of either vaccination or negative swab tests for entering indoor dining or bars. And since we're the most testing country in the whole of EU, then....

Comment

• Pfizer vaccine side effect to watch

Mrs. TGK reminded me of this.
                            She had her first vaccine and had a mammogram exactly a week apart. The problem is that the side effects include lymph node swelling. That gave a reading on her mammogram-this gave her high anxiety as this happened within a fortnight of her mother's cancer diagnosis (i.e. cancer is in her gene pool).
                            Mrs. TGK had to have a biopsy. She got the co-pay bill last week. $100 in co-pays alone to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the mammogram reading was a vaccine side effect.
                            Lesson learned: Spread out the vaccine and mammogram--one week is too close.
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                              got my 2d dose today 2 weeks and maybe going no mask but I have enough public contact and there are enough idiots out there (anti-vaxxers etc) time will tell

the next day Wed. I went through a bit of hell. woke up in the afternoon and got ready for work. felt like crap. decided to to work anyway. as the night progressed it got worse and I finally had to leave work early.

had dinner and finally passed out around 3 or 4 am then proceeded to sleep for 12 hours.

this only one of 3 times I have every gone home early in 16 years. even the GM and my fellow closing driver said I looked like crap, felt great the next day

Comment

• Just getting ready to head into town for my second dose today.

I have a long drive tomorrow so I hope the only side effect is a stiff arm again.

B
                                "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                                I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Working...
                                X