No announcement yet.

The Coronavirus Panic Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having caught an asymptomatic case almost a year ago, that news makes me feel like purring. Yes, I've been fully vaccinated. Two shots from Walgreens.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

• The first shot of Moderna had me feeling like warmed over crap for a few days, but meh, I'll live. Second jab, I expected similar... nope. Shortly after waking up the day after, "Screw this" went back to bed with the aches, chills, and 'Dude, you're sick' for the rest of the day, and was just FINE that night. At this point, I just shrug and figure all this is just par for the course. I'm 2 doses + 2 weeks, so I'm pretty clear at this point.
      Now it's a matter of getting family members (who could have gotten jabs LONG before me) in to get theirs... I'm starting to think I'd get better/faster results giving the cats baths in the sink.

Comment

• There have been reports coming out that the original trend has been reversed in many areas of the US: Where the demand exceeded supply for a good while, supply now exceeds demand, with a certain chunk of people simply not showing up for their second appointment at all.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• The sad thing to that is now we are getting to the point that it wont be much longer before everyone that is willing to get the shot will have gotten it. Current numbers show that we will not have enough vaccinated to wipe it out. It's looking like this is going to be around for years until enough of the anti-vax crowd catch it and develop the antibodies to push us over into herd immunity. For those of us willing to get the shot, we will have to keep getting boosters to deal with the new versions that will keep popping up.

Comment

• I'm finally booked for my first vaccination. I don't know which one it will be yet, but I don't have to worry about it being the AstraZeneca one at least.

Comment

• I got my second shot almost a week ago. One more week and 2 days and I will be fully vaccinated. I know it's not a complete fix all but I do feel better about going out in the world.
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• Hubby, son and I are getting our second shots tomorrow. I've heard about the side effects, so I got all my work done today, just in case it makes me sick.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• I have Moderna dose 2 scheduled for 5/15. At least in California, I can take needed time off if side effects are problematic and get paid for it, whether Hades Annex likes it or not.
                  "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• Looks like things are going to return to almost normal at the end of the month here in PA. They're pretty much dropping all restrictions except for the masks. The mask requirement will be dropped when the number of fully vaccinated adults reaches 70%. A few weeks ago, I would have thought that would be right around the corner, but unfortunately the vaccination rate has slowed down a bit. Currently, just over half of the people have at least one shot, and roughly a third are fully vaccinated. I'll be glad when the masks can safely be put away, not just because I find them uncomfortable, but because seeing them reminds me that things still aren't right.

My wife's job is starting to discuss bringing people back in the office, but mine hasn't said anything yet. I'm hoping they don't bring us back until things are back to normal, because they're a little more strict with the mask requirement than my wife's job. Her job doesn't require masks if you're sitting at your desk, but mine does, unless you're eating or drinking. But then I'm always snacking at my desk, so I'm not sure how that would even work.

One of my other karaoke spots is coming back this weekend. I brought up their Facebook page, and it told me, "You last checked in March 2020." Kind of depressing. But several of my friends are coming out for this event, so it will be fun.
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

• I was back in the office yesterday. First time since 03/11/20. The floor I work on was basically empty. There were only 5 people from my department. And I saw three others,

At least nothing was missing from my desk.
                      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                      Save the Ales!
                      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• Since I'm the only technologically literate person in the office, I've been tasked with going to the state website and looking up the case numbers each week, so we can decide whether to re-open the lobby. I've been going above and beyond, copying the week's numbers into an Excel document so I can keep track easier. I even made a little graph that shows how many cases we have in our town, the next one to the east, and the next one to the west. I got really bored last week and made a per capita graph, too. About 8% of our town has tested positive for COVID-19, and about 14% of the town immediately to our west (which has a smaller population).

I haven't shared any of this, except for the weekly case numbers, with my coworkers. I don't want to seem like too much of a nerd.
                        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                        -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Well, supposedly, the mask stuff is supposed to end in Minnesota by July 1. If it actually does, my friend is going to have a huge celebration at his place on the 4th to burn those damn things, well, after we shoot them with a bunch of arrows first. We'll also be burning the signs that we have at the store.
                          We may also be shooting off fireworks, while I wave my Gadsden Flag. Might have to pop out my bottle of Utopia as well. We'll make this the best 4th since 1776!
                          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

• Our statewide mask mandate ended several weeks back; the county/city ones, more recently. I have seen fewer instances of the "That means no stores can make us wear masks! It's illegal!" nonsense than I expected, but that could simply be due to how many people I've blocked since this crap bgean Quite a few private businesses still have the mandates, but they've never really enforced them 100% (aside from hospitals/clinics), and haven't even pretended to since nearly a year ago. Plenty of workers - even at fast food joints - with their noses hanging out like majestic dongs anyway.
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Quoth EricKei View Post
                              ... like microjestic dongs anyway.
                              Fixed that for you.
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
                                Well, supposedly, the mask stuff is supposed to end in Minnesota by July 1.
                                No masks anywhere, including indoor businesses? That sounds SUBLIME.

Comment

Working...
                                X