Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F****ING christmas music has started on oct 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!someone shoot me!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't mind Christmas music so much, except that in my music career I have to play the same pieces over and over every year. The thrill is pretty much gone.

A few years ago, I got to play in four different productions of Handel's "Messiah." We classical musicians have a joke: "I dreamed I was playing Handel's 'Messiah,' and when I woke up, I was."
    "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
    "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
    --Dilbert

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
      Exactly, so don't generalize and assume everyone hates Christmas music as well.
      Um, I didn't think I did, and if it came off as my doing so, my apologies...I didn't mean it to.

Quoth freaktard View Post
      A few years ago, I got to play in four different productions of Handel's "Messiah." We classical musicians have a joke: "I dreamed I was playing Handel's 'Messiah,' and when I woke up, I was."
      I have GOT to tell that one to my friend, the classical musician!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

We have all our Christmas in store plays in, but refuse to play them until at least November first. On the other hand, our goal is to have all our holiday table and endcaps up by the end of the month. The company SAYS everything's due November 9, but out DM can't handle that and wants it done yesterday. At least this year I'll know what I'm doing in my own departments. :P

JF
        First Lesson I learned from working in a bookstore:
        People who can read are made of the same rudeness as those who cannot.

Comment

Locally, several radio stations play the *same* Christmas tunes all day long. After hearing them all multiple times per day, it's gets rather annoying. Even though Christmas is somewhat of a depressing time, I don't *hate* the tunes...I just don't enjoy hearing them in the middle of freaking October
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I like one of our local rock stations and it is just about the only thing that will come in on the radio in my under parking deck cashier booth, but do they really have to play Cheech and Chong's Santa and his Old Lady every hour durring the Christmas music season.

I still need to find my Cryptkeeper's Christmas tape.
            Meeeeoooow.....
            Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

I don't like any local radio stations, i just use my headphones

but gawd I hate christmas music, it makes me want to reach in the electrical room and turn it off, and I only hear it a couple times a day

Comment

Working...
              X