This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murgle... Morning

It is currently 7:30 am on a Saturday... Well, 7:24, but thats just splitting hairs. I have to be at work in a half hour, which is easy, it's a 15 minute drive. I woke up a half hour ago. I planned to wake up an hour and a half ago so I could eat breakfast, but my body said fuck that...

8 in the morning I'm going into work, on a SATURDAY, that is way to freakin early... Who in their right mind is waking up this early on a Saturday to shop for toys? It's insanity....

But hey, I only have a four hour shift since I'm still new... And I understand schedualing me before the crowds show up... But god... It's too early for work in RETAIL.

-Will-Mun, who has never had to go to work before 10pm.-
    "How bloody difficult is it to take care of a DVD?"
    ~Me after any time I look at the back of a disc~

Insane, IMO, was having to open an arcade at 7 AM, which meant I had to be on site at 6AM. Stupid black friday in a mall. Come to think of it, stupid black friday at all. How can people be such sheep that they plan their lives around their Retail Experiences? And I use the capital letters because that's what the suits are trying to get people to think of them as.

Bah. But at least for me, not Baaaaa.

Comment

Quoth Will-Mun View Post
      Who in their right mind is waking up this early on a Saturday to shop for toys? It's insanity....
      I'm still trying to figure out why so many people need to do their grocery shopping at 7 am on a consistant basis.

And why they need to camp out in front of the doors...

Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

What's really hard is not letting your attitude of "I hate you. I absolutely, utterly loathe, abhor, and HATE you for being the reason I need to be here" when I'm scheduled as opening cashier at six in the freakin' morning. Our store is open for 17 hours out of the day. WHY do you have to be here at the crack of dawn to buy toilet paper and salad ingredients?

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth LadyBarbossa View Post
          WHY do you have to be here at the crack of dawn to buy toilet paper and salad ingredients?

Quite a few people are on a shift pattern, and I for one am very pleased to have 24hr stores in the locale, but generally most people don't *have* to be at the shops that early.
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

You do realize that I have to show up at work at 12:00 AM on Saturdays? Yes, I wake up at about 11:00 PM Friday night - that way I have enough time to shower, eat, touch myself in the shower while thinking about CS and pick up a frozen dinner for my lunch break at work. I live under 10 minutes from work (under 2 miles actually, on the same 45 mph road).

I have absolutely no social life. Not that I had one before this shift started...

Comment

-TWITCH- Heeeey... Look at THAT, next Friday I'm working at SEVEN IN THE MORNING!

Seven AM, thats when Toys R Us is opening next week, WHY? I really don't know... But is PISSES me off thats for sure. This also sucks because Thursday Nights are my gaming night.

Why why why why WHY does this store think it needs to be open THIS early? I understand being open late, it's annoying, but I GET it. More people shopping means more store hours so they can all get their shit and go. But opening early? Thats just wrong... Most people have to get to work themselves, or enjoy SLEEPING IN on the days they don't! There is no reason for it damn it!
              "How bloody difficult is it to take care of a DVD?"
              ~Me after any time I look at the back of a disc~

Comment

Quoth LadyBarbossa View Post
                What's really hard is not letting your attitude of "I hate you. I absolutely, utterly loathe, abhor, and HATE you for being the reason I need to be here" when I'm scheduled as opening cashier at six in the freakin' morning. Our store is open for 17 hours out of the day. WHY do you have to be here at the crack of dawn to buy toilet paper and salad ingredients?

I opened a lot during the summer, which means I had to be at work at 6. It always amazed me to see people waiting outside for the store to open at 5:58. You think I'd be here that early if I didn't have to be? God no. I'd also see some people come in at 6 every morning, like it was a ritual or something.
                DS Andy Cartwright: Everyone and their mums is packin’ round here!
                Nicholas Angel: Like who?
                DS Andy Wainwright: Farmers.
                Nicholas Angel: Who else?
                DS Andy Cartwright: Farmers’ mums.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                  I'm still trying to figure out why so many people need to do their grocery shopping at 7 am
                  For me at least, I find it a lot easier to pick up those few things I need for that night's dinner if I go on my way to work...less traffic, and all the produce is still neatly arranged for fondling choosing just the right one.

I've had at least one non-retail (office) job that started at 6am...it is what it is. The best part about an early start is the early exit you get to make later.
                  Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

I wonder the same thing sometimes. Why on Earth would someone get up out of their cozy bed on a Saturday morning to go to KMART of all places. Get a life, people!

And WHY would anyone line up outside a grocery store at 6 AM? Unless you're on your way home from working a 3rd shift, I can't see any reason you would need to go grocery shopping that early..
                    My Myspace, add me!

Comment

I used to like working at 7am. That was 2 whole hours to actually get stuff done before the customers showed up (and listen to whatever music we wanted). The sucky part was I only did that 2 days a week, closed 2 other days (which meant getting home at midnight), and worked either midshift or closing on Saturdays. This is not so good for establishing a sleep schedule.
                      Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 11-11-2007, 10:26 PM.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth PuckishOne View Post
                        For me at least, I find it a lot easier to pick up those few things I need for that night's dinner if I go on my way to work
                        Yeah, I know. I even understand.

But some of these people also come in at other times during the day. Every day. They're there more than some employees.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I understand the shift people needing to buy breakfast to take home on the way from work, or picking something for lunch on their own break, as we have several large corrections facilities in the area. These people look just as pissed off and tired as I am when they come in, so I don't mind. But we have several elderly people that come in, dressed in business/church clothes, and buy odd random crap every single morning. And the idiots who come in at 6:45 and get mad because the lotto isn't open yet. Ohmigod, the SUN IS NOT UP YET. Why do you need lottery this early?
                          The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth bean View Post
                            You do realize that I have to show up at work at 12:00 AM on Saturdays? Yes, I wake up at about 11:00 PM Friday night - that way I have enough time to shower, eat, touch myself in the shower while thinking about CS and pick up a frozen dinner for my lunch break at work. I live under 10 minutes from work (under 2 miles actually, on the same 45 mph road).
                            I don't want, anybody else....when I think abOOUT you I touch myself....

I'm not allowed to sing that at work Heh heh m heh heh
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Panera Bread. 5 AM. That is all.
                              www.myspace.com/queenofevrything

Comment

Working...
                              X