Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whiskeyclone, 4 AM. Now what could possibly done in a parking lot at 4 AM you ask? Well there's setting up the lot, getting the cones ready, keeping an eye on the lot, and other things. I did it about 5 times. It sucked. Big time. But the money was worth it. And yes people came in but they were mostly employees. The earliest I had to work besides that? 6 AM.
    Last edited by ArenaBoy; 11-16-2007, 01:10 AM. Reason: I have got to stop posting on 4 hours of sleep
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

When I used to work overnights, I got off at 7am... I used to stop by the local beer place for an after work beer. The ones that got me were the people eagerly standing in line for their wake up drink... nothing like a cold one for breakfast, usually paid for with quarters and dimes.
      I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

The Dreadful Inn of Hendersonville. 3pm - 7am, three days a week. Take that, bish!
        Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Oh, so MUCH to respond to in this thread!

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
          Insane, IMO, was having to open an arcade at 7 AM...
          Why in the flying french onion soup would an ARCADE need to be open at 7 FREAKIN' AM?!??! Does anyone REALLY need to be playing Golden Tee at the crack of hell dawn?

Quoth LadyBarbossa View Post
          WHY do you have to be here at the crack of dawn to buy toilet paper and salad ingredients?
          Some things really ARE necessary at times.....

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
          They're there more than some employees.
          My newest roommate is a regular at The Bar, which is one of several places I knew him from before he moved in to replace Anna Banana. People have asked me how he is as a roommate. I always say, "He's a perfect roommate. I NEVER see him!" The amusing (or sad?) thing is, I honestly see him far more at The Bar than I do at home. No, he does not work there. Yes, he is there more than many employees.

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          I don't want, anybody else....when I think abOOUT you I touch myself....
          This one is also Sue me.

I used to play that song a LOT when I DJ'd at the clothing optional bar. Funny thing is, for a lot of our patrons, despite their optimism, that WAS how their night was going to end!

Quoth TNT View Post
          The ones that got me were the people eagerly standing in line for their wake up drink... nothing like a cold one for breakfast, usually paid for with quarters and dimes.
          Key West is a drinking town, yes. And some of the people here are morning drinkers. At the Waterfront Bar, they have something called The Breakfast Club. People gather there every day at 7 am when the place opens and start drinking. Their motto: "If it ain't beer it ain't breakfast." The whole idea was a touch funnier back when the Waterfront Bar didn't actually serve breakfast, since lunch doesn't start until 11 am.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            Why in the flying french onion soup would an ARCADE need to be open at 7 FREAKIN' AM?!??! Does anyone REALLY need to be playing Golden Tee at the crack of hell dawn?
            It was MoreDull Kombat III, actually. And the problem was that we were in a mall, and we had to run mall hours. It could have been worse. They could have opened up at 5 AM, like I hear a few malls do.

See, that's the thing I'm looking forward to in the upcoming economic meltdown. If people can't get easy credit, the idiots who think "to shop = to live" won't be able to bug sane people at insane hours.

Comment

muttermuttermumble

Have you ever heard of some scientific study that says that left to their own devices, our bodies adopt a 25-hour day? My body has and doesn't think it's long enough. It pushes my sleep cycle back two hours each day. So if I go to bed at 10 PM and wake up at 6 AM, then the next night I won't fall asleep until 12 AM and won't want to wake up until 8 AM. The next night I won't fall asleep until 2 AM and won't want to wake up before 10 AM. Et cetera.

Normally, I set my alarm and just get through the day on four hours of sleep. After a few days of that I can crash and start the 10 PM--6 AM cycle up again

However, on a few occasions I've had a few weeks where I didn't have to go to school or work, and I just indulged myself. It didn't take long before I was sleeping 10 AM--6 PM, and I found myself very grateful for 24-hour groceries, gas stations, Walmarts, bookstores...all the necessaries of life.

So rest assured, your valiant sacrifice is appreciated by at least a few of us nocturnal weirdoes.
              "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X