Hello, New Hire! Goodbye, New Hire!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, New Hire! Goodbye, New Hire!

Hey! It's been a while since I've posted. The job's been pretty chill after the transphobe was fired. Then we hired a new guy a couple of weeks ago.

Well, we had a bit of excitement at the ol' Booze Barn (not its real name) yesterday. Our new hire didn't make it a week before getting himself terminated. Not only was he caught on camera stealing packs of High Noon, the dummy tried hiding them in the tank of the men's toilet. On top of that, a coworker of mine did a name check online and found he had multiple arrest records for DWI/DUI, driving with a suspended license, and unpaid child support. Somebody failed their due dilligence while running his criminal background check. Needless to say, HR and one of the big corporate bosses came down to fire him personally.

What'd he steal? Well, his new nickname is The High Noon Bandit.
    "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Past Nigh Hoon?
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Stealing from work always seems like such a stupid way to get fired. Like, I work at a bank, and I sometimes have these invasive thoughts of "what if I took that huge stack of cash and ran off with it?" Of course, I immediately reprimand my brain: "It's not worth going to jail over." Or even getting fired. Even if that stack of cash is $20,000, that's not enough to live on the run the rest of my life. Which I would basically have to do if I didn't want to go to jail.

But getting fired and potentially getting charged for stealing a pack of booze? That's extra stupid.

Did you post a story about the transphobe?
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
        Did you post a story about the transphobe?
        Last year. Which was probably the last time I posted here.

https://www.customerssuck.com/board/...-so-much-drama
        "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Thanks! That's... a lot. I'm glad to read that it's been mostly chill since then.
          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
          X