She's shooting herself in the foot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's shooting herself in the foot.

We have account switch every month. Coworker let me know I'm getting one of hers. We all have at least 250 of them and we need to work each at least twice a month. It's a lot. This client has 185 locations. Guy who called wants to know for each of them who in those offices have profiles on our website for billing and if those profiles have stopped paper invoices in favor of online PDFs. She has audited 85 locations. That takes hours. We don't have hours.

It's a state entity account but for some reason they don't have account managers anymore and even if they did, the AM would not do this project. They'd send it to the admin team since they, we, and regular collections all have so many accts. to do. Audits like this one are what they do all day. So when she asked if she could send the ticket over to me (yes, fine) I was sort of aghast and messaged her "Why are you doing this? You don't have time. None of us do." I was a tiny bit irritated that she might expect me to do this but mostly I was just aghast and concerned for her. I did tell her that she can give it to me but I'm not finishing that project. I messaged our boss to see if he agrees that it should be sent to admin. and he absolutely agrees. LOL she messaged him first, thinking I was mad at her. Not really, just sort of shocked and annoyed a little. Anyway, we are good. I just hope she doesn't do this again. It's gonna tank her numbers. I'm glad it's coming to me so she can be rid of it.

Is there really a fault here? I don't know, but I know by now Boss doesn't want us doing this stuff on our own. I've done it. I learned. Coworker has been with us a long time, but not in Collections as long as me. Idk; it bothers me enough to post. Basically, as Boss Man says, the client can look that up. Not the guy, but all his Accounts Payable people in the multitude of locations. I mean....that's why we have a portal.

So thrilled to be dealing with gov't accounts....
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Quoth Food Lady View Post
    So thrilled to be dealing with gov't accounts....
    We desperately need a sarcasm indicator.
    That said, it could be worse: they could be federal--with even more labor intensive paperbusy work.

I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Yeah, whoever that guy is at the client did this specifically to push off responsibility - "how can I be expected to keep these bills paid when you don't even know who needs to pay?" Needs a good slap, and your poor over-accommodating colleague needs a drink.
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
        We desperately need a sarcasm indicator.
        That said, it could be worse: they could be federal--with even more labor intensive paperbusy work.
        Hence the reason why I'm not even allowed to look at those. I tried to pull one up in the ledger and it was blank. But I could tell you how much my state's favorite team spends on shipping if I didn't value my job. It's staggering.

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
        Yeah, whoever that guy is at the client did this specifically to push off responsibility - "how can I be expected to keep these bills paid when you don't even know who needs to pay?" Needs a good slap, and your poor over-accommodating colleague needs a drink.
        Boss Man agrees but now that I think about it, I'm not sure that if one person signs in, it shows them all the other employees that have profiles. I guess we do have to audit it for them. It's just that we have a team for that so that we're free to go after money. I can do a credit memo (theoretically; I ALWAYS run into an error even though I have access), but I send it to admin because it's just too time consuming for me who doesn't have extensive experience with them. I also know how to create a manual invoice and can definitely do that, but I'm not gonna. I'm also never again auditing multiple location credit lines for someone because the last time it took 3 days. Well, if my boss makes me I will but I will explain about the 3 days and he'll say nevermind.
        Last edited by Food Lady; 12-08-2023, 05:39 AM.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
        X