Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a coworker come in from our sister store one night when we were understaffed. He was cute, I guess. He certainly had a nice ass. Skinny, dark brown hair, blue eyes, tallish side of average. He was dressed neatly, but wearing jewelry, which intrigued me. As luck would have it, I was the one assigned to get him up to speed on our layout. Quiet, polite, respectful, quick learner, and a beautiful smile... *sigh*. He also did his job better than 3/4ths of our regulars, which rather impressed me.

Than, at the end of the night, he approached me and said, "Ma'am? Blah blah blah?" I nearly cried. So much for that idea.

And gosh dammit, he was only six months younger than me! Six months!
    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Quoth Sylvia727 View Post

Than, at the end of the night, he approached me and said, "Ma'am? Blah blah blah?" I nearly cried. So much for that idea.

Ummm - ok - I'm confused...????
      When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Slyt, I think it's because the man thought that Sylvia was much older than he was.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Or forgot Sylvia's name.
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
            Ummm - ok - I'm confused...????
            Took me a couple too, it's the "ma'am", apparently we've got another person equating ma'am with old, rather than respect.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
              Slyt, I think it's because the man thought that Sylvia was much older than he was.
              Exactly. I was too mature for my own good.
              "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                I've been sweet on many men, even while I've been married. I have never even been tempted to act on any of that, my husband truly is the only man for me. But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate beauty or charisma. Being married and middle aged doesn't mean a woman is not a woman.
                Look, but don't act inappropriately.

Had a mild crush on a guy at one of my temp jobs. He bore a strong resemblance to John Cusack.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I used to work with a girl that had me completely smitten.

She was a few years younger than me, and so stunning that she stopped conversations when she came in the room. The best part about her was her attitude. She was so nice to everyone around her that a lot of guys got the wrong impression and assume she was "in" to them. Usually, that was not the case.

Been there, done that, blas.
                  I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
                    She was so nice to everyone around her that a lot of guys got the wrong impression and assume she was "in" to them. Usually, that was not the case.
                    I've been told I have this effect on men. Don't mean to, but I'm just overly friendly and too talkative for my own good.

My former eye candy is now actually a pretty good friend, and still coworker. About 6'5" well built, very attractive black guy. Once I started hanging out with him, realized I liked him more in a big brother sort of way. Still hang out with him when I get off work.
                    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                      Ah.. thanks - I sort of thought so, but didn't quite get the bit about <cry> - that's all.

Age is only a number people attribute to how long a piece of meat has been wandering around on this planet.

Slyt
                      When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

I had little "married lady crushes" on a couple of my customers when I was at Kinko's

1. Guy that ran a strip club. In his thirties. White guy. Tall, slim, short dark curly hair. Snapping dark eyes. Swagger. A real rake, that guy. Always polite and respectful, but had this subtle, sexy charisma that could make your face feel hot even when he wasnt' doing or saying anything flirty. Wore cowboy boots. I love a man wears cowboy boots. I married a man wears cowboy boots.

2. Guy that ran an incense shop. Needless to say, the guy smelled amazing. He walked in and I just wanted to breath him. Seemed very intelligent. A little taller than me, wiry. Milk chocolate skin. Shoulder length dreds. Really pretty, expressive face. Scruffy stubble. Sexy voice. Nice.

I had two particularly beautiful male coworkers on the crew at Public Television. One of them was a very young, single black guy who every woman on the crew had a little crush on. He was not only drop dead georgeous, but he was SO intelligent and SO sweet. He probably could have been as homely as a mud fence and we'd have still all been in love with him. The other was a married white guy who was a little younger than me who was so damn good looking that all the women in the building across the street would watch him out the windows when he crossed the street. (there were two buildings, one production and one admin.) This guy and I hung out together a lot until he got a job somewhere else. He I liked him for two reasons...he reminded me very much of my husband as far as personality went. And he was one of the best conversationalists I've had the pleasure to know. He and his wife and me and my husband ended up hanging out together a bit.

Comment

I'm in love again!

I was looking at the postings and ads on the bulletin board....

Someone is selling golden retriever puppies. They were born on New Years.

AWWWWWWWWW!!!! Will someone loan me $300?
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I'll admit that I'm somewhat attracted to a certain female coworker.
                            Don't know her exact age, but she's probably near 30, always cheerful, smiling and all that. Quite pretty too, and fun to talk to.

Too bad I'm 18 and very shy, and she's taken

...And my best female friend here is 14 years older than me. She's the one I hang out with, go to concerts, go drinkin' with. Frankly, it's starting to worry me that I get along best with women substantially older than me.
                            Music: Last.fm
                            Pwetty pictuwes: DeviantArt | Flickr

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
                              I've been told I have this effect on men. Don't mean to, but I'm just overly friendly and too talkative for my own good.
                              I know what you mean. I tend to be friendly to the point of being accused of flirting, and it often tends to send the wrong message.

Hell, I'm pushing 40 for god's sake. I thought by now the boys would know I don't mean anything by it when I chat them up and giggle.

Quoth blas87 View Post

Someone is selling golden retriever puppies. They were born on New Years.

AWWWWWWWWW!!!! Will someone loan me $300?
                              "I'll take GOLDEN RETRIEVERS for 300, Alex!"

Seriously, I know what you mean. I want a dog so bad, but I'm afraid my cats would rebel.
                              Last edited by Spiffy McMoron; 02-28-2008, 04:45 AM.
                              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I have a supervisor at my security job, dark hair, blue eyes, former body builder, amazing personality, and he likes the same kind things I do.

For the past 3 years I have had to work with him on a one on one basis. Sitting in an office alone with him right next to me drives me insane, good thing I know self control.

To bad he is getting married and the end of this month and I am already married.

Comment

Working...
                                X