Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy called yesterday for one of our salespeople.

Last name: Dickhouse.

I guess because Brothel was taken.
    Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

• Over five years of taking names and numbers, I've had:

Harold Wiener
      Joe Gibbs
      Ding Muo Duong (when I first saw it, I pronounced it as 'Ding Dong')
      George Washington
      In the slot machine of life, I am the WILD symbol.

Comment

• I have a few old copies of Reader's Digest, which I've been re-reading recently. Just this morning, I started reading one from June of 1984.

One contributor, to the Campus Comedy feature, was named Hugo I. Wiener.

Although it's not uncommon for contributors to include their middle initial, I wonder if Huge old Hugo did so to make the funniness of his name not quite as obvious.

Mike
        Meow.........

Comment

• I promise if I had the opportunity to be represented in government by a guy named Harry Baals, I'd pull the lever (hee!) for him in every election.

Even after his death.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• I know someone whose maiden name was Martini; she was first introduced to her husband by a lady by the name of Champagne
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Had two in one day on Friday. Mr Manlove, and yes, he was married, and Mr Mycock, first name Roger. With some names you have to wonder if their parents actually liked kids, and how the hell they survived school.

Comment

• I once had a semi-regular customer whose loyalty card read "Prof. J. Moriarty". I spent the rest of my time with that company on the lookout for her nemesis S. Holmes - without success
                Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

• Gay Booze and Champagne Hickey
                  Cruise Ship Brilliance: "Do the elevators go to the front of the ship?"

Comment

• There was a "Dick Sweat" As a weather man in lower new hampshire when I was a kid. Though my favorite was probably the last name Cakebread that I caught off a credit card once.

Comment

• Once a coworker showed me the last name of a customer who called to place something on hold.

The customer's last name was Deathrage.
                      We both agreed that that was the most awesome sounding last name someone could have.

Comment

• Quoth The Bookseller In Black View Post
                        Once a coworker showed me the last name of a customer who called to place something on hold.

The customer's last name was Deathrage.
                        We both agreed that that was the most awesome sounding last name someone could have.
                        If that's not a last name that he had it legally changed to, that is awesome.

Still awesome if it is a legally-changed-to name, just less so.

If that guy isn't in a metal band, he should be, with a name like that.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Hmm....There's a Dick, and a Hiscocks in my customer base. I think the one The Bookseller In Black mentioned, Deathrage, is the best though!
                          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

• BrenDAnn's post just reminded me of a law firm that was in a building where I was the parking garage manager around 20 years ago; [Name], [Name], Waldo, & Hiscock. (Pronounced "hiss", of course!)

ETA: On a whim, I just Googled the law firm name, which triggered a memory.

The firm had dropped Waldo and his, well you know, in about 1981, two years before I even started with the parking company, and around six years before I started at that location.

In the early '80's, I was a delivery driver for a blueprinting company, and that firm was one of our fairly regular customers. I now recall our company dispatcher (in his '50's at the time, OLD!), chuckling at Waldo and his, well.....

Mike
                            Last edited by JustaCashier; 04-01-2011, 01:09 AM. Reason: Added [I]memmmmmorieeeeeees[/I]
                            Meow.........

Comment

• Wow, this is really turning into a megathread!

Rapscallion

Comment

• Not so much a last name, but someone at work today had a kid named Cyprus. O.o
                                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                                X