Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone get racial insults tossed at you that are not your race?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth JetfireRules View Post
    I love teasing her about the genealogy research that her mother did - they have a Miller in their family, and she's deathly afraid it is......*dramatic chord*.....BRITISH! I also like to tease her that I am likely about two billionth in line for the English Throne........

(No offense, Raps........)
    None taken, even though you're about a hundred thousand ahead of me from that figure...

Rapscallion

Comment

A lot of people call my roomate a WAP or WOP whatever......and he's not Italian at all, he's just really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really.....hairy. And Polish.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I almost broke rule #1 with strawberry mini wheats and diet coke
        Cereal with *soda*?! That's unnatural and disturbing, on the level of the sun being blue.

(and sugar cereal with diet, no less....)
        Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

I'd imagine cereal and soda pop combined would give a person the runs, or at the very least, a vile tummy ache.

Comment

Quoth JetfireRules View Post
            I love teasing her about the genealogy research that her mother did - they have a Miller in their family, and she's deathly afraid it is......*dramatic chord*.....BRITISH! I also like to tease her that I am likely about two billionth in line for the English Throne........
            actually, Miller could be as much German as British (although I think Muller is more common, there are Miller families of German descent). I'd probably have trouble with her accent, to be honest, because I even have difficulty with most areas of Quebec (I'm franco-Ontarian). I used to have a roommate from Northern Quebec, and I could never understand a word she said when she'd get on the phone to her friends.

To explain the diet coke & mini wheats, Diet Coke is my beverage of choice, and I like snacking on dry mini wheats.
            Last edited by tollbaby; 02-25-2007, 03:55 AM.
            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I see I see.....then you will be fine lol.......I once made the mistake of drinking Mt Dew while eating lucky charms......acid and milk dont mix!

Back on topic......people aren't as dumb as I like to think they are. While almost no one can pronounce my last name, they can tell it's German anyways....even their weird versions of my last name are German lol.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                I got called a "honky" by a co-worker who happened to be white.
                I was called a "honky" by a white bum who was mad at me for not giving him money. I'm white, but so was he!

Also, got called a dyke once. I was just sitting in my car, alone. No stickers on the car or anything. LOL
                The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Last year i had a whole fortnight off work and grew a dodgy beard whilst on holiday.

Since then, I have had 12 solid months of Taliban/Suicide Bomber/Bin laden "jokes" from customers.

All the while i have smiled politely and (so far) resisted mixing something special into their candy.
                  Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Comment

Nobody has tried to insult me racially. They probably see the (natural) red in my hair and think twice about it (oddly, I do not have any Irish/Scottish/Viking blood in my family line). Looking at me (short, auburn hair, dark eyes, pasty white freckled skin), it's sometimes difficult to convince people that I'm half....Dutch.

Tollbaby- I *love* the French Canadian accent (maybe because it's a novelty on the wet coast )
                    -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                    -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

My mother is a bigot... I blame alot of it on the fact that she's never had to interact with people of other ethnic groups. She was born, raised, married and has lived in middle Wisconsin for all of her 60 years. She was adopted at birth and after her adoptive parents died, she got on the internet looking for her birth mother and possibly siblings (she ended up being an only child). She had one woman contact her as a possible sibling. It sounded very likely, but this woman said she was native American (American Indian). My mom freaked out and didn't even reply to this woman. She was like, "How dare she think I could have a sister who is an Indian". She ranted some more about the "dirty indians" and has never brought up looking for her birth family which is a shame for me and my siblings. We'd love to know a bit more about our medical history. All we know about mom is that she's nuts!!

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                        While almost no one can pronounce my last name, they can tell it's German anyways....even their weird versions of my last name are German lol.
                        It could be worse. Nobody can pronounce my last name either, and it's not German...it's Norwegian. It sounds German, but isn't. Several people think it's Austrian or Hungarian. Go figure. They all want to add extra letters in there, or take a few away. I even had someone tell me "you're lying. That's not how you pronouce your last name." Uh, I *think* I know how to say it, you crackhead!
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth BusBus View Post
                          Tollbaby- I *love* the French Canadian accent (maybe because it's a novelty on the wet coast )
                          hehe you wouldn't like mine much. You can't tell I'm a francophone when I speak English (and you can't tell I speak English when I speak French...if that makes any sense at all).
                          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Pinkie, you hit that one right on the dot with the middle Wisconsin remark. I couldn't agree with you more. Even though we are becoming more culturally diverse around here, it doesn't stop the inbreds and rednecks from using their racial slurs and prejudices as if it still was 1961 around here. I'm ashamed, very ashamed, to call these people my neighbors and fellow Wisconsinites. They are a total breed of ignorance and hatred and old fashioned thinking that needs to be taught a lesson or shipped to the desert.

Comment

I don't know if I've ever been racially insulted before. I don't think so. There is a friend of the family that I have always just loved, but he is somewhat rascist. He calls anyone of middle eastern descent "sand n***ers" which has always upset me

Comment

Quoth BusBus View Post
                                Looking at me (short, auburn hair, dark eyes, pasty white freckled skin), it's sometimes difficult to convince people that I'm half....Dutch.
                                My grandma is 100% pure Dutch, and she's a redhead as well.
                                "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
                                X