This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth XCashier View Post
    Wait, what?! Not a real mom because you had a c-section?! Bullshit. Just complete, total and utter bullshit.
    agreed. guess that means alot of us aren't real moms. (end sarcasm) i am so sorry Kanalah i don't see how you can deal with these two women....you are a SAINT. or you SHOULD be

Comment

• Quoth Midnight12
      i am so sorry Kanalah i don't see how you can deal with these two women....you are a SAINT. or you SHOULD be
      I'm gonna have to agree with all this. Like a thousand times this.
      I've followed this thread since the beginning, 'subscribe to thread' is my friend.
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• Quoth Kanalah View Post
        That's just how they are. They just naturally assume that I already know/are okay with whatever they're planning.

But apparently I'm not good enough to invite to fun family stuff. I wasn't invited to mother's day stuff since according to my mom I "had a c-section, so it's not like I'm a real mom."
        What in the fudge - "Not a real mom because you had a C-section"??? If my mom told me that I would sever all contact with her and disown her. Literally. I would hang up if she called and only call my dad on his cell, not the landline.

What a saga. The problem with your Grandma and Mom is that they know you are better than them and they are jealous.
        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

• C-section shmee section. At least I can run a business, keep tax records straight, manage my money, have a happy husband and GET MY SHIT DONE without begging someone else to do it.

So Fuck You. Have a Nice Day.
          In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
          She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

• <hugs Kana. Really BIG hugs.>

One thing, hun...you said your mom *still doesn't notice* you throwing out a box a week. Are you STILL doing that stuff for her? <.<

Also, I'm super proud of you for what you've done, and how much you've learned. GO KANA!
            By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

• Quoth Der Cute View Post
              C-section shmee section. At least I can run a business, keep tax records straight, manage my money, have a happy husband and GET MY SHIT DONE without begging someone else to do it.

So much love for you right now. Just.

Perfectly succinct and to the point. Could NOT have said it better myself.

Comment

• Important thing is that you did, indeed, come out on top of all this. Everything may not have worked out perfectly, but you are where you are now cause of your experiences - and you know you want to do it again, and what pitfalls to avoid.

I'm refraining from commenting on your mother right now because... well, rage is not conducive to constructive posting.

Comment

according to my mom I "had a c-section, so it's not like I'm a real mom."
                  Da fuq?

Can I be your mom, Kana? We can talk quilts, and I can tell you how proud I am of you . . .

Okay, kidding, but . . . Why do you still talk to these people, again?

Comment

• Quoth Der Cute View Post
                    C-section shmee section. At least I can run a business, keep tax records straight, manage my money, have a happy husband and GET MY SHIT DONE without begging someone else to do it.

QFT My initial reaction was, err, let's just say somewhat less tame (being a C-section mum myself).

Kanalah you are super, mega, total, epic, awesome-sauce. I may not ever meet you IRL but I'm so proud of what you went thru, how you handled it, and what you've learnt from it
                    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                    What's the difference?
                    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

• C-section moms are real moms.
                      Adoptive moms are real moms.
                      Foster moms are real moms.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Thinking about it, hubs and I think they wanted to teach us a lesson, since apparently we think we're better then them.
                        I think it's pretty clear that you are, in every respect, including humanity.
                        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                        HR believes the first person in the door
                        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                        Document everything
                        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

C-section moms are real moms.
                          trying to imagine a "fake mom", my brain is holding the image of a cardboard cutout of June Cleaver....I'll go be strange somewhere else now.....
                          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Wait, what?! Not a real mom because you had a c-section?! Bullshit. Just complete, total and utter bullshit.
                            WHAT!!! You are a saint. Please tell me you told your mother where to shove it.

*splutter* Outrageous. Absurd and callous statement to her own daughter!!and insulting her grandchild to boot!!So if you are not a 'real' mum, your kid isn't a 'real' kid? Guess you have pinocchino then

Comment

• Gosh, I'm not even a mother and that made me sputter with rage. Please tell us there's a Tijuana nursing home in her future!
                              "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                              - H. Beam Piper

Comment

C-section moms are real moms.
                                Kanalah's mom (& Grandmom) are fake moms.
                                Seshat's self-help guide:
                                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                                X