This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Seraph View Post
    One thing, hun...you said your mom *still doesn't notice* you throwing out a box a week. Are you STILL doing that stuff for her? <.<
    They didn't notice that they moved out half of what they moved in. As I recall, they never actually paid me either.

Back when I was the only one cleaning her house, she didn't notice that either.

Quoth morgana View Post
    Da fuq? Can I be your mom, Kana? We can talk quilts, and I can tell you how proud I am of you . . .Okay, kidding, but . . . Why do you still talk to these people, again?
    I would totally let you be my mom.

I treat them with love and respect because they are my family. I hope that I'm teaching my kids that no matter how crazy their mom gets, to love and respect me.

Quoth Zaiida View Post
    Please tell me you told your mother where to shove it.
    *splutter* Outrageous. Absurd and callous statement to her own daughter!!and insulting her grandchild to boot!!So if you are not a 'real' mum, your kid isn't a 'real' kid?
    My mom doesn't really like my kids. She went out of town for both of their births and will come visit them maybe 2-3 times a year. We live about 5 miles apart.

When my daughter was diagnosed with autism she told me "kids like that are just monsters and the best thing to do with her is just put her in a home and forget about her."

I honestly think that her brain to mouth filter is broken. (aside from other things). From the few times I've actually had a candid conversation with her, she thinks that every thing she's done is right. I'm really not sure if she'll ever see the major damage she's done. But on a positive note, at least now I know she's crazy.
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Quoth Kanalah View Post
      I treat them with love and respect because they are my family. I hope that I'm teaching my kids that no matter how crazy their mom gets, to love and respect me.
      Point well taken. However, my first thought would be to separate yourself from the poison.

So how is it that such an evil and vile person raised such a good daughter? *not a real question. Just a compliment*
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• Quoth csquared View Post
        However, my first thought would be to separate yourself from the poison.
        And keep it away from your kids, too.

But it's a good point, I guess. They gave you life and that's worth some respect.

Comment

I honestly think that her brain to mouth filter is broken.
          Fixed that for you.

Comment

• Motherhood is not determined by giving birth to a child. Motherhood is determined by RAISING the child.

I'm trying to see past the red haze in my vision after reading some of the hateful things your mother has said. Like that c-section crack, and ESPECIALLY after that autistic slur.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

When my daughter was diagnosed with autism she told me "kids like that are just monsters and the best thing to do with her is just put her in a home and forget about her."

I honestly think that her brain to mouth filter is broken. (aside from other things). From the few times I've actually had a candid conversation with her, she thinks that every thing she's done is right. I'm really not sure if she'll ever see the major damage she's done. But on a positive note, at least now I know she's crazy.
              Wow. That just rocketed her to 'mother of the year' status.

Yeah, she's crazy.
              I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

I honestly think that her brain to mouth filter is broken.
                In a brain that can think thoughts like that, something more than a filter is broken.

Comment

• Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
                  Gosh... Please tell us there's a Tijuana nursing home in her future!
                  And that their ashes will go in the cat box.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Yeah my mom is special.

I've pretty much been "kicked out" of the family, except for Really Big Craft Show. They always forget birthdays anyway, so it's not a huge change. I'm just less stressed out over it.

I can't tell you guys now nice it is to hear that I'm not the bad one. I had 19 years of hearing that I was a terrible person and deserved all this bad stuff to happen to me.

Edit: holy poop 15 thousand views?
                    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Quoth dalesys View Post
                      And that their ashes will go in the cat box.
                      Frankly, my cat wouldn't use those ashes for his litter box. He has standards.

Kanalah, you have come through so much and how you've not managed to lose it is beyond me.

Even so, you deserve many kudos for what you've endured.

As far as your "parental unit" goes, you're probably better off without her in your life, or your children's either. She and your Gram both sound toxic as Hell.

You do what you need to and don't even worry about what they think . . . their opinion has no value. What matters is what YOU think of yourself and how much you value YORSELF as a person.

And yep, your thread has has THAT many views.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• NOT A REAL MOM?!

::splutters indignantly::

"Well at least my kid can kill McBeth you flat faced, amoeba brained, hedge monkey!"
                        Last edited by AlmightyALT; 05-17-2012, 07:08 PM.
                        "There is a sadist inside me. She likes cake." - Krys Wolf, my friend

In a coffee shop in Whitehouse, Texas: "Unsupervised children will be given two shots of espresso and a free puppy."

Comment

I can't tell you guys now nice it is to hear that I'm not the bad one.
                          Not allowed to think that way anymore. Hate to say this, your mom is your mom, sure, but there ain't a better way to describe her than "the bad one." Well, there are, but none are as polite.

Let me put it this way - I was adopted. And I was a shit of a child, and a teen. Real asshole. Still kinda am, but in a nicer way. Even then, I never thought to tell my mother, or my father, that they weren't my real parents. They raised me, and did the best they could with the broken plate that I was. Still never said that.

The fact that your own mother said that to you, because you didn't go through the "pain of natural childbirth" - yeah, I see where she's coming from, stupid as it is - is just as heinous as if I'd said that to my parents.

In short, she needs a damn smacking, her and the rest of your family, for making you think at any time that you were the problem.

Yeah, so, said I wouldn't post angry, that didn't work out.

Comment

• Quoth XCashier
                            C-section moms are real moms.
                            Adoptive moms are real moms.
                            Foster moms are real moms.
                            Step moms are real moms.

I think it's very admirable you're trying to teach your kids to love and respect your mom but I can't see how they will learn that when they will never get it from her.

I haven't spoken to my real mom in nearly 18 years- she walked out on my birthday when I was a teenager and showed no interest in me, would not get in contact, it was all one way. So I stopped talking to her when I was 17. It wasn't easy at first and I went through some counselling to get there but I've been fine with the siuation for a long while now. I don't miss her in the slightest.

My 'real' mom is not my mom, my stepmom is.

Comment

I can't tell you guys now nice it is to hear that I'm not the bad one. I had 19 years of hearing that I was a terrible person and deserved all this bad stuff to happen to me.
                              I haven't heard from my mom in years, but I just received a religious magazine from her with an article urging me to rejoin her [crazy cultish] religion. Thanks, Mom, you've always been a great support.

Children are almost never the bad ones, it's the parents, pretty much always the parent(s).
                              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                              HR believes the first person in the door
                              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                              Document everything
                              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

• Wow, what an epic tale. What a bunch of craziness you put up with! Thanks for posting this. Kanalah.

I'm glad I came to it late and missed out on the cliffhangers.
                                "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                                X