Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a particularly awful version of Jingle Bell Rock by Natalie Cole that will mind meld its' way into your head, causing your brain to bleed. Some days I hear it 4 or 5 times, and it is so awful I simply cannot block it out.

Comment

We have Sirius XM and most of the time it's on The Blend. I can't complain, although a few songs tend to get spammed. "Someone that I Used to Know" is a big offender. "Call Me Maybe" is another. Adelle and Train get several songs, but not usually more than once in an 8 hour shift.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Christmas music has begun at the swamp.

It's an improvement over the past couple of years. But only in the same way a slap to the head is an improvement over a kick in the crotch.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I love Taylor Swift. I love her to death, but her version of Last Christmas just SUCKS, some songs shouldn't be remade. And I think they shouldn't play Christmas Shoes anymore, it depresses the shit out of me and I hate it.
          ......../\
          ....../__\
          ..../\...../\
          ../__\../__\

Comment

It hasn't been too bad so far. They're playing Christmas songs, but interspersed with normal songs, mostly pop. Harmless stuff. I hope they won't go to all Christmas tomorrow; I like Christmas music but only in small doses, and not the same twenty songs over and over and over!
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
              I love Taylor Swift. I love her to death, but her version of Last Christmas just SUCKS
              Taylor Swift: ♪ think of all the boys that I never kissed ♫...

A certain CS poster/clearance swamp employee with talent for sarcasm: That's an awfully short list.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                Taylor Swift: ♪ think of all the boys that I never kissed ♫...

A certain CS poster/clearance swamp employee with talent for sarcasm: That's an awfully short list.

Or maybe Randy Newman was wrong? ...people ain't got no reason for living...
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

This is why I bring my ipod to work and have it playing at low volume in my back pocket. That way i can still hear it when i work and when i am dealing with customers they wont hear it because well, i'm behind a freaking register. lol. Also I know how to control the store volume so at least when I'm inside I don't have to listen to the trash.
                  If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

I hated the music they played at the Blue Hardware store I could tell you what time it was by what was playing same songs everyday at the same time
                    Lay your hands upon me
                    Like an angel from above
                    Put your arms around me,
                    'Cause you're fallin'

Comment

We would love to have some modern songs at my work. We get things like Dean Martin and Jimmy Durante singing Christmas songs. I'm over 55, and even I find them tiresome!

Comment

At the sandwich shop we had only two choices: Country or Soft Rock. Unfortunately the soft rock station was so awesome they started playing Christmas music on NOVEMBER 1.

We put up with country for the rest of the holiday season. That wasn't so bad except for the repeating songs. I developed a particular hatred of Brad Paisley's "Anything like me". On one particular shift if came on FIVE times.

Where I work now it's not much better. Hip hop/club type music in the evenings followed by country in the daytime. One of security guys said to me awhile back "maybe one day I'll just snap and put on some AC/DC."
                        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I'll put "Bitches Brew" on repeat and empty the mall faster than any kind of terrorist alert...

Comment

Where I work now it's not much better. Hip hop/club type music in the evenings followed by country in the daytime. One of security guys said to me awhile back "maybe one day I'll just snap and put on some AC/DC."
                            We played Black Sabbath a few times. That was awesome
                            "Any kind of hereditary privilege is wrong, it's not just anti-democracy, it's just like inherent wrong" - Robert Smith

Comment

My favorite Xmas song: The Pause of Mr. Claus.

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                                I don't like country, period. Gets me depressed.
                                Agreed. 99.99% of all country music is depressing (dog died, wife left me, truck blew up, s.o. cheated on me, etc.) or pointless (drinkin a beer, tastes good; watchin cars drive by; etc). There are a select few that are enjoyable from time to time, but that list is a short one.

And anything Justin Bieber is like nails on a chalkboard. Even worse than his music is his fanbase of rabid pre-teen girls who honest and truely believe that they will one day be Mrs. Justin Bieber. I remember one girl in high school would obsessivly scour the radio stations for Bieber songs during my design class when his music first appeared. I honestly thought it was a girl singing and asked her why she was flipping out over some chick with a decent voice. She flipped asking why people keep saying that about Justin, they're just jealous, etc etc etc. She actually ordered Justin Bieber pajama pants online and skipped school for a week because she was terrified that someone would steal them off her porch. Yep...she spent a week looking out the window for the UPS guy. They wound up being delivered the following Monday and she wore them to school almost every day.
                                Answers: $1
                                Correct Answers: $2
                                Answers that require thought: $5
                                Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

Working...
                                X