Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I guess I must be the only one on this board who likes country music.

Comment

Kisa, I love your avatar! Is it Misty?
      "Any kind of hereditary privilege is wrong, it's not just anti-democracy, it's just like inherent wrong" - Robert Smith

Comment

Quoth The Hurting View Post
        Kisa, I love your avatar! Is it Misty?
        Not sure really I didn't have a scanner at the time to upload my own character art, so I visited Photobucket, searched, saved, used. I'll swap it out for my real character eventually when I feel less lazy
        Answers: $1
        Correct Answers: $2
        Answers that require thought: $5
        Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven, I told Bill that if Sandra is going to listen to her headphones while she's filing then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating so I don't see why I should have to turn down the radio because I enjoy listening at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I lucked out at my last place of work - no music. Which was very, very good, as most of the management loved rap which I absolutely hate. My current place tends to play either rap or pop, but it's so quiet I can barely hear it, so no complaints.

Comment

I can't have the radio on at work. Boss insists on CNBC all day
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
                I actually have a playlist of it that I listen to at work, it's not that big but it's nice.
                ......../\
                ....../__\
                ..../\...../\
                ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
                  Some... The time between 102-year-old male coyotes in heat and the "hat" bands with at least three "triters" on each track fillin' in the cliches.

Some of my favorite singer-songwriters have written country hits: Cheryl Wheeler - Aces; Maia Sharp - A Home; Chuck Pyle - Cadillac Cowboy; Christine Kane - Right Outta Nowhere; ...
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                    I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven, I told Bill that if Sandra is going to listen to her headphones while she's filing then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating so I don't see why I should have to turn down the radio because I enjoy listening at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.
                    I could set the building on fire.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I only get one radio station at my job, luckily its classic rock (which i prefer). Unluckily the playlist seems to rather limited and repeats about 30 hours. It's just not a good day unless "Crazy Train" by Ozzy has been on... (God how I how despise Crazy train after 7 years of near daily listening).

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post

And anything Justin Bieber is like nails on a chalkboard. Even worse than his music is his fanbase of rabid pre-teen girls who honest and truely believe that they will one day be Mrs. Justin Bieber. I remember one girl in high school would obsessivly scour the radio stations for Bieber songs during my design class when his music first appeared. I honestly thought it was a girl singing and asked her why she was flipping out over some chick with a decent voice. She flipped asking why people keep saying that about Justin, they're just jealous, etc etc etc. She actually ordered Justin Bieber pajama pants online and skipped school for a week because she was terrified that someone would steal them off her porch. Yep...she spent a week looking out the window for the UPS guy. They wound up being delivered the following Monday and she wore them to school almost every day.

I am REALLY sorry to threadjack, but here's the enormity of my Justin Bieber hatred. Last year, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition came to my town to film one of its last 4 episodes (those are now playing on Monday nights, btw). EMHE is a great cause, I have no problem with the show. HOWEVER, somehow a rumor got started that Justin Bieber and Usher were going to be in my town and perform. The night this was supposed to happen, another rumor got started that Justin Bieber was actually IN my store at the time. So, you guessed it, every girl from age 4 to 14 who could get their parents to drive to my store ran in, screaming "WHERE IS JUSTIN!!!!!!?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Well yanno, I am evil We actually have an employee named Justin, whose last name also starts with "B". So I told them, "he's here, let me call him for you". OMG it was like I had promised them that the Christ would be appearing at any moment ... they all got quiet with the puppy-dog eyes, some crying.

Me on the intercom: "Justin B to the front of the store for a visitor please. Justin B to the front of the store for a visitor." Now Justin knew full well what was going on (how could he not? we had the EMHE people in our store all week) so he had prepared. He had the hairdo, the pants, the jacket. He 'sauntered' up to the front with the attitude of "here I am ladies!!!!" You could have heard a pin drop ..... before the girls all ran back out of the store screaming/crying.

It was the best FAIL EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that's how much I hate Justin Bieber.

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
                          No, you're not alone. I like both kinds of music - Country and Western.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                            You could have heard a pin drop ..... before the girls all ran back out of the store screaming/crying.

Evil. Utterly, utterly evil.

I love it!
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I haven't heard any Christmas music for the past while! Now my ears aren't bleeding everytime I hear 200 different versions of Jingle Bells. I don't understand musicians who release Christmas albums. Are you that hard up for money that you HAVE to do an Xmas album?

I give some exceptions, like Band Aid and Wham. And I love Peter Schilling's depressing take on Silent Night, Holy Night, that pissed off a few people.
                              Last edited by The Hurting; 12-03-2012, 05:34 PM.
                              "Any kind of hereditary privilege is wrong, it's not just anti-democracy, it's just like inherent wrong" - Robert Smith

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                                I am REALLY sorry to threadjack, but here's the enormity of my Justin Bieber hatred. Last year, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition came to my town to film one of its last 4 episodes (those are now playing on Monday nights, btw). EMHE is a great cause, I have no problem with the show. HOWEVER, somehow a rumor got started that Justin Bieber and Usher were going to be in my town and perform. The night this was supposed to happen, another rumor got started that Justin Bieber was actually IN my store at the time. So, you guessed it, every girl from age 4 to 14 who could get their parents to drive to my store ran in, screaming "WHERE IS JUSTIN!!!!!!?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Well yanno, I am evil We actually have an employee named Justin, whose last name also starts with "B". So I told them, "he's here, let me call him for you". OMG it was like I had promised them that the Christ would be appearing at any moment ... they all got quiet with the puppy-dog eyes, some crying.

Me on the intercom: "Justin B to the front of the store for a visitor please. Justin B to the front of the store for a visitor." Now Justin knew full well what was going on (how could he not? we had the EMHE people in our store all week) so he had prepared. He had the hairdo, the pants, the jacket. He 'sauntered' up to the front with the attitude of "here I am ladies!!!!" You could have heard a pin drop ..... before the girls all ran back out of the store screaming/crying.

OK, Im admit, that's cruel, but funny. Though, I personally think anyone going insane over a singer is stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X