This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
    A good Christmas song, which was Christmas number one once was... Killing In The Name Of by Rage Against The Machine.

... What? What do you mean, it's not a Christmas song? Reminds me of shopping on Black Friday, actually.
    Fixed that for you.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Swordsman422 View Post
      If Bing Crosby sings it, it must die.
      Ditto Perry Como. The man who could sing while fast asleep. Listening to him puts me to sleep.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

The older I get the less I am able to hold back the urge to shoot the radio when Christmas songs are played.
        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          Ditto Perry Como. The man who could sing while fast asleep. Listening to him puts me to sleep.
          Gonna have to agree with this. There's a reason there was an Animaniacs parody of him named Perry Coma.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Think I should leave this here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk4woNRD7NQ

Comment

Perry Coma...

My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                Think I should leave this here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk4woNRD7NQ
                This needs to be played on the PA at every retail store at closing time Christmas Eve.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  This needs to be played on the PA at every retail store at closing time Christmas Eve.
                  That would clear the store out so damn fast it's not even funny. I listened to about 10 seconds of that and gagged.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    That would clear the store out so damn fast it's not even funny. I listened to about 10 seconds of that and gagged.
                    Clear out 99%, sure. The last 1% (more at MallWarts, GlitterHells & Irv's Slice-o-Heaven) will be piled ten deep at the service desk, complaining to crap-o-rats that "that wunnerful song" is out of stock and the peons can't even find it in their back room.
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                      Ooh yes, I agree....I want to throw the writer to that "carol" in here: :woodchip:

I also cannot stand "Silent Night". Mostly because very rarely do I hear it sounding GOOD. most of the time, when they go "All is calm, all is bright", the interval from "night" to "all" is WAY WAY WAY too steep.
                      I love Silent Night if it's sung properly. I particularly love it if it's sung properly in German.

Okay, I have to line up here with Ree, Merriweather and Ashaela: I love Christmas. And generally speaking, I love Christmas music -- with some exceptions.

The 12 Days of Christmas might be annoying, but it's also so much fun to parody. Some time ago a woman did a video of it using clips from various Disney movies and it was hilarious (can't find it anymore, alas ... there were apparently copyright issues).

Christmas Shoes may cause me to go off the road in an attempt to mute the volume or turn the radio off. I hate that song, for all the reasons given here.

Love the TSO and almost everything they do. Almost. There's a song on the CD that's currently in my car which, for some reason, they have recorded twice on the same CD. One version is sung by a woman and one by a man. Her version is OK but in his version, the line, "I bought you a MYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSIC BOX" was enough to ensure that I now skip past that version every time it comes on. Everytime I hear it I have visions of a cow singing.

I've never heard of Mannheim Steamroller; will have to look into that.

Quoth Ashaela View Post
                      I have the same CD! It is a Christmas tradition for us too.... Along with the Star Wars Christmas Album.
                      The WHAT?!? Really??

Comment

I wouldn't mind them as much if my mother didn't sing along every time one came on. Yes I occasionally work with her, and yes she is completely tone deaf and sings at the top of her lungs happily. She thinks it's funny that it makes me cringe and scold her. I think she just likes the excuse for some playful banter. heh The worst with her is jingle bells and deck the halls.

Comment

I forgot one. "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" puts me in a very black mood. "Through the years we all will be together, if the fates allow..." The fates didn't allow. 'Nuff said.

On a lighter note, it's kinda funny that all of my favorite Christmas songs are somebody's "most hated" songs. For those of you who hate "The Twelve Days of Christmas", have you ever heard the Muppets' version? Love that one...

Comment

For me, it's the following songs:

1) Christmas Shoes (Yes, because Jesus gives a crap what shoes Mommy Dearest is wearing when she buys the farm. Not only that, but how horrible is the implication that she needs a pair of shoes just to look beautiful? Shouldn't the kid think his mom is beautiful anyway?)

2) I'll Be Home for Christmas (Talk about depressing. Even my coworker, M, who is so full of Christmas spirit it's sickening hates this song.)

3) Santa Baby (Eww, just eww.)

4) Up on the Rooftop (The version playing at work is sung by these annoying kids with horrible voices. They almost make my ears bleed.)

5) A three-way tie for each song: Winter Wonderland, Let it Snow, and My Favourite Things. These are not Christmas songs! Stop playing them constantly at Christmas! The first two are Winter songs, sure, but the last one is from The Sound of Music! It doesn't belong anywhere in a Christmas mix!

Plus, I'd like to hear a bit more variety in general. It's always the same songs played over and over again until you're sick of them. (I can pinpoint the exact day my Christmas spirit died: It was the day I heard Winter Wonderland sung 5 times by 5 different people. And I used to like that song too...)

Where's Good King Wenscelas? Or Christmas in Kilarney? Or, just for fun, Fairytale of New York or Gothic Christmas?
                            my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
                            it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

Earlier today, I found myself not just hearing in my mind, but SINGING "Last Christmas".
                              Seshat's self-help guide:
                              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

http://www.ktu.com/cc-common/news/se...ticle=10611529

...lol

"C'MON!"

Comment

Working...
                                X