This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MDLackey View Post
    Bonus WTF: Had a lady called our office threatening to sue for malpractice. Her mom was sent to the hospital for abdominal pain, the nurse there drew her blood and found elevated levels of white blood cells and Liver function enzymes. The mom previously had blood work done in our office as part of her annual physical. So the daughter is claiming negligence on our end for not reporting any abnormalities in mom's blood work. The kicker: I looked at the blood work done in the office, EVERYTHING was NORMAL. Not even the slightest doubt at all. Guess someone wont be winning the lottery this time.
    If she had no abdominal pain complaints when she had her physical, and a negative physical exam, then her claim is dead in the water.

It's not malpractice not to diagnose something that is not presenting any symptoms and may not even have been present at that time. So good luck with that, daughter.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Daughter (and possibly mother) needs to learn that in living things - including people - things <gasp> CHANGE!
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
      X