Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Permission? Work orders? Who needs em! TIMBEEEERRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salinization is a major problem in parts of Australia, I can't imagine people doing it deliberately (in the modern era - I know that "salting the ground" was a war tactic in the past).

We have two big, old trees in our backyard which we might have to get rid of - sadly. Both are just ... too big, too dangerous for the suburban setting. The roots of one are invading the plumbing, the other has already had a heavy damn branch fall and break the shed roof.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
      Salinization is a major problem in parts of Australia, I can't imagine people doing it deliberately (in the modern era - I know that "salting the ground" was a war tactic in the past).
      Salting still does occur in some parts of my home state.

We had a massive tree in the front yard that we had to get rid of because the roots were working their way into the foundations. we still have a maple tree in the backyard which has become a major source of amusement for the cat as he'll climb up it and then meow until one of us brings him down
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Saw this article and thought of this thread
        http://www.theweathernetwork.com/new...ort_code=2xxfi

Comment

another comment in a thread made me think of this, where there any updates?

Comment

My guess would be "Court System". These cases can take between 6 months and 5 years. So he probably can not update it until the case is settled.
            I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

I too am hoping there's legal action currently in the works and everyone's just waiting for it to wrap up...

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
                My guess would be "Court System". These cases can take between 6 months and 5 years. So he probably can not update it until the case is settled.
                Although an update of the form "It's before the courts, scheduled trial date is YYYYMMDD, and I can't tell you anything more until it's resolved" shouldn't get him in trouble but would at least let us know what's going on.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Adding my vote to the "Holy shit, they did what???" and "Hope there's an update soon!" crowds.
                  You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Well, a not-exciting update....MIL says her attorney thinks the case will be settled by Christmas....

.......next year. 2016.
                    Last edited by Dave1982; 10-11-2015, 03:06 AM.
                    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Wow! In less than two years. Must be on the rocket docket.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

That is oddly fast. Odd in a good way.
                        I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

I know its not Xmas yet but anything moving on this yet?
                          We are the willing, led by the unknowing, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful, we have now done so much, for so long - for so many, with so little, we can now do anything with nothing!!!

Comment

It's now March 2016. Any news?

There was a huge eucalyptus tree at the head of the lot where my mobile home sat, and my across-the-street neighbor was always expressing concern that it would fall on my mobile home. Since it was at the head of the lot and about 12 feet off to the side, it would have had to fall in a funny direction to hit my mobile home. In fact, my neighbor's home was at more of a risk than mine was. Anyway, that eucalyptus tree eventually died in a prolonged drought and had to be removed when it started dropping huge branches (fortunately in an otherwise unoccupied driveway). It was about 50 feet tall.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                              will be settled by Christmas....

.......next year. 2016.
                              Probably won't hear much for a while yet.

Comment

Is it Christmas yet?
                                Unseen but seeing
                                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                                3rd shift needs love, too
                                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                                X