Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Permission? Work orders? Who needs em! TIMBEEEERRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Becks View Post
    Is it Christmas yet?
    Not for another nine months.....
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
      Not for another nine months

Boo.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
        Not for another nine months.....
        Almost time for Irv to put up the Displays
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
          Is it Christmas yet?
          Not for another 9 months as WE ARE JUST GETTING OUT OF WINTER as it is
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Depositions were recently taken about what went down the day the trees were cut. The landscaping company admits to having done the work, but that the neighbor had claimed MIL had authorized the work.

The neighbor? He's now claiming that MIL CUT THE TREES DOWN HERSELF!!!!

Never mind the fact that the landscapers ALREADY ADMITTED TO DOING THE WORK and the fact that MIL was IN A DIFFERENT STATE at the time. Nope, he says that she cut her own trees down.

I wasn't there for this, so I don't know how the judge reacted to these blatant lies.
            "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

That's just...
              wow
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

+1 for audacity.

- a few bazillion for stupidity. When you're directly contradicting what someone else just said to the same person, and documentable facts do NOT support your version....
                "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

If (and when) that idiotic statement gets proven to be a blatant lie, can they be held in contempt? Is that like lying under oath?

Comment

That is lying under oath.

Comment

Quoth Argus View Post
                      And judge's do NOT look favorably on things like that...

Comment

Quoth Argus View Post
                        Well, I ask because according to Wikipedia:

Quoth wiki
                        In the law of the United States, a deposition is the out-of-court oral testimony of a witness that is reduced to writing for later use in court or for discovery purposes.

I wasn't sure if lying in a deposition was the same as lying under oath since depositions aren't done in a courtroom.

Comment

I don't know if you are sworn in or not when giving a deposition. I am pretty sure that you have to sign that your statements are factual. The deposition will be presented as evidence.
                          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                          Save the Ales!
                          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Typically, yes, Depo's are under oath, AFAIK. If he repeats it in court, he could be looking at Perjury charges.
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Did the neighbour also run a crooked Mah Jong game or cheat while at Fan Tan? Cookies for (obscure) reference.
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                                Typically, yes, Depo's are under oath, AFAIK. If he repeats it in court, he could be looking at Perjury charges.
                                For my drunk driving accident proceedings, I know mine were. Even for the arbitration between the insurance company and myself, I was sworn in before answering questions.

Comment

Working...
                                X