Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It can be juicy but it's like someone soaked a washcloth, and it doesn't help any. My tongue focuses on the fibers, it's just the way it is.
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
      If that's what your steaks taste like you are not getting good properly cooked steak. It's not supposed to be dry
      Omg, I don't really care for steaks or chops or anything like that. I have only once in my life had a properly cooked steak. I was at a friends, and they kept saying that it was really good and I should try it. I did because it was just one bite, and I don't hate it that much, I just think it's chewy and dry. Anyways, it was SO GOOD. Apparently it was a very good cut, and cooked nicely. But I will never order it at a restaurant because why bother? I actually feel the same way about grilled chicken. Dryyyyyyyy. Boy, it makes me sound picky, but I swear I'm not.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
        I actually feel the same way about grilled chicken.
        I forgot about grilled chicken! It reminds me of the sole of a shoe, or maybe a flip-flop.
        The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

Comment

And how do you feel about tomatoes, aspargus, cheese, esp. parmesan? Perhaps you two can't taste umami.
          No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Hate tomatoes (except in sauces) but I love cheeses.

Comment

Quoth BeeMused View Post
              And how do you feel about tomatoes, aspargus, cheese, esp. parmesan? Perhaps you two can't taste umami.
              I also don't like tomatoes, unless in relatively smooth sauce. I like asparagus, really like cheese including Parmesan. I think I can taste umami, based on a quick search. I like soy sauce, green tea, celery, spinach, fresh fish.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I was just wondering, the main taste in meat is umami after all.

I too hate raw tomatoes, the taste and the texture... *full body shudder* Soup and sauce are fine.

Comment

Another raw tomato hater here. They taste a lot like green peppers, which is fine, but they're mushy and their flavor dominates the rest of the dish. I do like a lot of tomato-based stuff though.

The one year I grew tomatoes, I used some in a pot of chili and gave away the rest.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    The one year I grew tomatoes ...i and gave away the rest.
                    At high velocity...
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Heh! We seem to need a group: Tomatoes Haters United or something

Comment

I don't much care for tomatoes in solid state, but sauce and such are fine. Loathe bell pepper.
                        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I'm the opposite. I actually love tomatoes, but can't eat them, as they try to kill me.
                          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I love fried green tomatoes and am okay with tomatoes as soup or sauce or cooked. I don't much care for them raw. I prefer my carrots raw, but if they are cooked, it better be in a soup or stew, because otherwise, I just don't like 'em.

I also don't care much for jello or 7up/Sprite, thanks to being sick all the time as a kid. Mom didn't force me to eat it, but it was all I could eat for a while there. (Kidney infections suck.)

Texturally, I don't like shrimp. Just chews like rubber (and this is coming from someone who loves gum!) and tastes bleh to me. Confounded my parents since they both love shrimp.
                            If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I wouldn't eat sweetcorn as a child cuz it reminded me of teeth. I'll eat it now, tho.
                              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

My husband and I both swear that SPAM is dog food, and I can't eat mushrooms because I keep remembering that fungi grow on feet, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X