Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A self checkout machine at my friend's Wal Mart store suffered this casualty

A picture is worth a thousand words. A SC hit it for some reason on his way out the store. My friend didn't say why.

To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

It refused to sell him alcohol or some other age-restricted item?

At least in California, one cannot purchase alcohol at SCO.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Hope that asshole was picking broken shards of plastic out of his knuckles for the next hour.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
        Hope that asshole was picking broken shards of plastic out of his knuckles for the next hour.
        Then has to open his wallet to pay for it...

Comment

Yay, people. They react either by yelling or punching. My old car (the purple one) had a messed up stereo the whole time I owned it. The CD player was not functional, it would skip if you went over even the slightest bump. The previous owner's boyfriend had punched it during a fight, and then flung the door open, where it was hit and ripped off by a passing car. Maturity anyone?
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Please keep posts on this side of the Fratching line, all. We've had to delete posts in here already. For the record, Quoting or otherwise responding to a Fratchy post really isn't much better than posting it in the first place – that's really just fanning the flames. If you are in doubt about what is considered Fratchy, just step back and think, "Might this be considered controversial? Or, is this about how things SHOULD be instead of how they are? Or, would someone with an extreme viewpoint run with this and start pissing people off?" If the answer to any of those is even 51% on the "yes" side, it belongs on Fratching. In the meantime, we invite everybody to review the Site Rules themselves, as well as keeping an eye out in the related forum for any threads that have been bumped recently.

As always : If you're not sure, PM a mod and ask. You will NEVER get in trouble if you ask for clearance first and then post (just include an "approved by the mods" note if you like). Alternatively, post on Fratching and put the link in here. With such material, the only other option is not to play post.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

This was one of the reasons my local cable company office took out their "self-checkout" type machine for bill paying. People yelling at it, hitting/punching it, kicking it, shoving stuff into it that should not have been shoved into it, and a few way of physically damaging it right in front of OTHER people and the office personel/clerks.

This is why we (generally speaking) can not have nice things.

ETA: found the post I made about 2 years ago
              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...d.php?t=106263
              Last edited by Racket_Man; 05-05-2016, 07:15 AM.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I'll admit to having WANTED to do that to some of those things. Usually when my girly hormones are acting up or I've had a bad day. I have, however, restrained my impulses and limited myself to calling the machine nasty names. Which, unless the machine has developed both sentience and self-esteem, won't hurt it.
                "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
                X