Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't know how other people can stand it (ranty threefer)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know how other people can stand it (ranty threefer)

Shews? Where?

Went shoe shopping the other day at the mall (needed shoes for an interview) and nearly all the shoes on display were ugly or not in stock. WTF? Why display them if not in stock? Is this common for shoe stores? Never worked in one, but it sure was annoying. Finally went to a store that was twice the price but gave excellent customer service and actually had shoes to try on, not just display. Would've paid double.

Hey Hellton, you SUCK!!!!

Why do you even have rules for D Members. Why not just say Do whatever the Hell you Want. This was from my CW. She was checking in a D-Member, and he asked for water. Now, the rules for D Members are that they can only get either water or rewards points. Not both! When she politely informed him of this, he got a Dickish attitude and said he always got both and he would get both right now. He stormed off and had corporate on the phone toot suite (probably had them on speed dial) and corporate caved and gave him both. Stupid enablers. Why have rules at all? I felt bad for my CW, and also for the D Members that actually follow the rules (rare and few) and they're getting less than those that couldn't care less about the rules. What a Dick.

Irony...

Was boarding a blank (not labeled) bus and I asked very nicely if this was right route number. Got a "NOOOOO!!!! It's not!!! I'm just stopped here for noooo reason!!!" Turns out he was being (rudely, I think) sarcastic. I said "I was just making sure, the buses park everywhere they like in this station and not at the correct stop. Last time I got on a bus that stopped on #31, and it took me to the next state!" I was a bit snappy, but if he was going to give me attitude, I'd give him some back. He looked unfazed and said "They were just unprofessional!" "Yeah, what're you?" I muttered. I thought he was going to throw me off (DC has no nonsense drivers) but he just waved. Geez a simple yes or no would've been fantastic....First Ms. Crazy Leadfoot, then this 'professional' dumbass...
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

On Hellton - That's an ...odd...rule. Sucks you gotta do it x.x

"D Members" - I take it that 'D' refers to a certain overpriced gemstone? ^_^
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      ..."D Members" - I take it that 'D' refers to a certain overpriced gemstone? ^_^
      Nominally. In-house, an attachment to some vacuum cleaners or motorcycles.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Oh, I figured it was an unusual cranial anatomy...
        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          On Hellton - That's an ...odd...rule. Sucks you gotta do it x.x

"D Members" - I take it that 'D' refers to a certain overpriced gemstone? ^_^
          Could be that, could be "Douchebag".
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
            Shews? Where?

Went shoe shopping the other day at the mall (needed shoes for an interview) and nearly all the shoes on display were ugly or not in stock. WTF? Why display them if not in stock? Is this common for shoe stores? Never worked in one, but it sure was annoying. Finally went to a store that was twice the price but gave excellent customer service and actually had shoes to try on, not just display. Would've paid double.
            I wear size 7 or 7.5 (or 8 for comfy work shoes) depending on the brand and style. These seem to be the sizes that most people wear. This means that the popular/cute/cheap shoes are nearly always sold out in my size. I've learned to shop for shoes which are out of season since there's less demand. Or shop online, which is more expensive. Or shop when I don't have any particular style in mind, because then I'm not as disappointed if everything is sold out. Wow, typing this I realize shoe shopping kinda sucks. The only time I find stuff I like is when I can't afford it.
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Shoes, gah... I wear a 10.5, women's. I wanted to try on Reebok Crossfit shoes but I can't because they don't make them in my size. *shrugs* I get that all the time.

Comment

Or shop online, which is more expensive.
                Give Zappos (dot com) a try. Worth a shot, and I've found decent deals more often than not.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Ugh I hate shoe shopping. I have wide feet and there are very few womens shows that come in a wide fit. So when Shopping for sneakers I end up with mens. I also have to be able to put my orthopedic inserts in for my plantar fasciitis. Finding dress shoes was a nightmare. Got one pair made by Clarks (awesome comfy brand) which I still had to order to come into the store because I needed the wide fit.

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
                    Shews? Where?

At the swamp, the display shoes are taken directly from store stock. The other shoe from the pair is kept on hand, and we will sell the display shoe with its mate if somebody wants it and that's the only one of its size left. We can just take another one from a different pair.

Though it is possible that a regular shoe store would just get a single shoe to use as a display, which then cannot be sold, just to let customers know they carry that style.

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    Give Zappos (dot com) a try. Worth a shot, and I've found decent deals more often than not.
                    Thiiiiiiiiis. Shipping is free and usually one-day, and their customer service is impeccable.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      I've bought from them before, and they are pretty great. I would not say cheap at all, though. It's possible I'm just looking for different styles? I mean, I've gotten a couple good deals, but that's not why I shop with them, it's for the selection. I wouldn't expect them to be cheap, not with next-day shipping and a crazy return policy.
                      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth PastryGal View Post
                        Ugh I hate shoe shopping. I have wide feet and there are very few womens shows that come in a wide fit. So when Shopping for sneakers I end up with mens. I also have to be able to put my orthopedic inserts in for my plantar fasciitis. Finding dress shoes was a nightmare. Got one pair made by Clarks (awesome comfy brand) which I still had to order to come into the store because I needed the wide fit.
                        Roamans and Woman Within both sell women's shoes in wide width. Check them out online. They are actually owned by the same company so you'll probably see the same styles/brands on both sites.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                          Roamans and Woman Within both sell women's shoes in wide width. Check them out online. They are actually owned by the same company so you'll probably see the same styles/brands on both sites.
                          let me say this from experience, their 'wide' is basically a regular.

Comment

Quoth PastryGal View Post
                            I feel every ounce of your pain. My beloved Clarks just fell apart recently. They lasted almost 15 years.

Comment

Sigh. I join you in your pain. 8.5-9, DDDD. With a semi narrow heel that in NO way makes life any easier. And short toes, high arches and insteps, and on my left foot, Morton's Neuroma, with the resulting edema. Oh, and NOW?! Arthritis... Finding comfortable shoes to wear for work is merely difficult. Finding nice shoes to wear on a date or family dressy event has yet to happen at all.

I tell people I have my Swede fathers little duck shaped feet... At one point, we had identical walking shoes from Rockport, and the wear wrinkles in them were the same, in the same locations! That was amusing to me!

Comment

Working...
                              X