This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Dogs are nicer than customers"

DH the dog and I went to a cute artsy town nearby Sunday. We all enjoyed wandering the streets (dog loves being told he is a pretty boy) and we wandered into a sculpture garden. The owner was fine with our dog visiting (and he did not "spray" any of the art. The sculptures were way out of our price range but we had fun looking. As we left, he commented to me "I prefer dogs to most people!"

I'd rather hang out with my dogs than most of my friends.
    "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
    "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
    --Dilbert

Comment

My dogs are way nicer than most people! They are all Golden Retrievers, and if you yell at them, they genuinely look guilty about it. They aim to please! (Now if I can only get them to stop stepping on my feet when they get excited...)
      Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
      Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
      The Office

Comment

They can poop on the carpet and still be better behaved than SCs
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I bought my mom a plaque thing with that famous little prayer on it:

"Help me be the person my dog thinks I am."

So true.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Not my dog. He's a complete coward, a suck-up, and a power-grabber. Yeah, I know those look like they shouldn't fit together, but they do.

Somehow, I still love him. No idea why.

Comment

Could this face do anything wrong?

http://dailypuppy.com/index.php?itemid=1191

(especially the 11th one!)

Went to see Pablo today, and we took him for a walk in the park. He did not say boo to any of the other dogs we saw (well, once but I was holding him). About halfway through our walk he decided he was done and just stopped. Tugged on the leash and he didn't move. So I carried him the rest of the way back to the car. Lucky he's only 5 pounds (normally 6 but I think he's still a pint low from when he was sick in May cuz he still seems a bit thin; he goes back to the vet next week, though).

Man, I need a dog o' my own!
              Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 07-03-2007, 11:32 PM.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Dangit Bookstore!! I do not have room for a dog right now, and I have my lease signed for another year before I can get a place with a yard. That is the cutest little puppy face.
                "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
                  Dangit Bookstore!! I do not have room for a dog right now, and I have my lease signed for another year before I can get a place with a yard. That is the cutest little puppy face.
                  I go to that site every morning...that is the best one in a long time...can't take the cuteness!!

I also go the Daily Kitten every day too. I sent my furries in to that one; I wonder if they'll make it on there any time soon...

Comment

Gotta love the 8th one down or so. Made me chuckle. The li'l guy looks really cute PKO (Puppy Knocked Out).
                    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

You know I like dogs better than people and if I run into someone who is walking or has a dog I usually greet the dog first but I do talk the person too. Anyway I don't really walk my dog anymore becuase I like to take long walks and she is just too old for that.
                      Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
                      My space
                      Facebook

Comment

I prefer my dog any day, all he does is sleep and eat. That and he rarely barks. He'd be the perfect dog if he didn't escape but hey, he keeps me company.
                        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth rdp78 View Post
                          You know I like dogs better than people and if I run into someone who is walking or has a dog I usually greet the dog first but I do talk the person too. Anyway I don't really walk my dog anymore becuase I like to take long walks and she is just too old for that.
                          Heehee...Pablo's not too old, just too tiny! We got back to the house and he curled up on my stomach and went to sleep.

When I was getting ready to leave, we walked out to my car and someone from the neighborhood was walking her dogs...an Italian Greyhound who was a tad larger than average (tall, not fat) and her ears both bent to the left at a 90 degree angle...looked like her ears were stuck in a perpetual strong wind. The other was a black Chinese Crested with a tuft of black and white hair on her head and pretty much no where else. (Reminded me a bit of Cruella DeVil lol.) She was missing teeth so her tongue kept sticking out the side of her mouth. So ugly it's almost cute (not quite this ugly, though!)...she was very sweet, though.

Comment

BSE, would you like to walk a dog that's as big as this?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...e_standing.jpg

I love greyhounds, very lazy and good walking companions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greyhound
                            Last edited by ArenaBoy; 07-04-2007, 01:20 AM. Reason: Too big of a picture.
                            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

My Avatar is my little buddy. My shedding, hopping hell-hound that is *FAR* too smart for my own good.

I love him to death.

Just wish we were back at the cottage where he could run and have more fun.

B
                              "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                              I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Working...
                              X