This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
    BSE, would you like to walk a dog that's as big as this?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...e_standing.jpg
    Eh, that's nothing, ArenaBoy. You haven't seen big until you've been pounced by an over-friendly Old English Mastiff! A couple breeds are taller, but these guys make up for it in bulk. The world's biggest and strongest dogs are both Mastiffs, with a record of 343 lbs weighed (not overweight) and 7300 lbs pulled.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
      BSE, would you like to walk a dog that's as big as this?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...e_standing.jpg
      How 'bout this little girl? And she's not even done growing! (She was on The Daily Puppy a couple weeks ago and I have been reading her "dog blog" ever since.)
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
        Eh, that's nothing, ArenaBoy. You haven't seen big until you've been pounced by an over-friendly Old English Mastiff! A couple breeds are taller, but these guys make up for it in bulk. The world's biggest and strongest dogs are both Mastiffs, with a record of 343 lbs weighed (not overweight) and 7300 lbs pulled.
        Don't forget the drool! I had a mastiff growing up, and while she was on the "small" side (at about 130lbs) she was quite intimidating! She was actually very neurotic and afraid of people, so she would bark at anyone who came in the house...she was so imposing though, most people backed away, but if you kept coming towards her, SHE would be the one to back up!

They are one of the sweetest breeds around, the only time she ever hurt anyone was if she stepped on your foot, or smacked you with her tail! I would love to have another one someday...but i don't see one fitting in my apartment too well.

Comment

Working...
        X