X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    Maybe the issue is e coli or something?

I think I heard someplace that e coli is found only on the outside of a cut of meat. Therefore, it is okay to have pink middles in steak because the outside was cooked long enough to kill the e coli. But with hamburger, the meat is ground up and the e coli can get inside the middle of the meat, and if that isn't cooked enough the e coli isn't killed.
    What the wiki says about e-coli..

From the wiki article:

"Cooking all ground beef and hamburger thoroughly, using a digital instant-read meat thermometer, will eliminate the organism. Ground beef should be cooked until a thermometer inserted into several parts of the patty, including the thickest part, reads at least 72°C (160°F)."

Comment

Beefeater is a restaurant? We have some... rum I think it is, at work, named Beefeaters.

Comment

There's E.Coli and Clostridium Perfringens, as well as a few other nasties. Those are the most common ones, though.

As to Beefeaters - cool uniforms and all the ravens you could want!

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth CanadaGirl View Post
          Beefeater is a restaurant? We have some... rum I think it is, at work, named Beefeaters.
          I thought it was Gin.
          "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
          .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
            As to Beefeaters - cool uniforms and all the ravens you could want!

Speaking of that, when we visited the UK and went to the Tower of London, one of the ravens pooped on my mom's face! (Good thing she was wearing sunglasses or it could have been bad.) Basically, a group of them was flying overhead and mom looked up at the wrong moment. We couldn't help but laugh at her in spite of ourselves.

Incidentally, the Beefeater there told us that it was good luck to be pooped on by the ravens. Is that really true or is it a load of... well... raven manure?

(In fact, I'm giggling now just thinking about it... and it was over 10 years ago...)

...don't you know the first law of physics? "Anything that's fun costs at least $8.00."
            - Cartman

Comment

Quoth phillippbo View Post
              Incidentally, the Beefeater there told us that it was good luck to be pooped on by the ravens. Is that really true or is it a load of... well... raven manure?
              I've always thought of it and treated it as a superstition. However, sometimes it seems to be true...
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Well, I suspect that the Beefeater was full of crap, and the raven wasn't.

Rapscallion

Comment

Bird shite is bird shite imo.

I will always hold a grudge against seagulls, cuz they crapped on a buddy of mine.
                  He was driving in the UK in a convertible, top down, in a nice Armani suit.
                  Mr. Seagull took aim & fired, and N was covered in BirdPoo.

Almost crashed. Almost.

I told him it was Karma- he'd yanked enough chains on his own!

Cute
                  In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                  She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
                    I thought it was Gin.
                    Yeah, gin. Rum/gin/vodka, it's all clear!

Comment

Quoth CanadaGirl View Post
                      Yeah, gin. Rum/gin/vodka, it's all clear!
                      Bah, not GOOD rum.
                      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

This Beefeaters is in fact a very nice grill restaurant. I've heard of the gin tho; never tried it cuz I love Bombay Sapphire.
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Cutenoob View Post
                          I will always hold a grudge against seagulls, cuz they crapped on a buddy of mine.
                          I love seagulls. Had a "northerner" family come down to visit. (they lived nowhere near bodies of water). One of the girls was a religious tanner and couldn't wait to go to the beach and get "real tan". She never expected that seagulls would have the balls to fly near you (down here they'll take food right out of your hands). Poor girl panic like they were bats that would get stuck in her hair. But the seagulls kept flying around her, landing near her. She kept panicking more and more. I couldn't stop laughing.
                          I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

They can smell fear.
                            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth rdp78 View Post
                              I'm kind a used to eating burnt meat any way since my dad isn't the greatest griller (sorry, dad) and he does have a tendency to over cook BBQ chicken. The funny thing is he brought a very expensive stove (let just say the amount it's enough to buy a decent kitchen set) with a grill in the middle a couple years ago and so we get grilled meat all year around but hasn't really made him a better griller.
                              He's probably grilling right over the hottest part of the coals (or gas flame). Move the meat to the side of the heat source, and it won't be able to burn as fast, giving it a chance to cook before it burns. Yes, you need to move it around a few times to keep the closest edge from getting too hot too fast.

Now I need to go put some steak in the fridge to thaw for supper day after tomorrow.
                              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

At the company picnic my Grandmother dragged us to every year,
                                I did enjoy myself, but the year when I was around 15 or so.
                                She gave me my own steak to cook. It was definetly pink, not red.
                                She saw it, and ripped it off of my plate. I almost cried at the lump of charcoal I got back. Then she heckled me for 30 minuts because I would NOTeat it.
                                Last edited by Qwakkeddup; 09-06-2006, 09:40 PM. Reason: Just being picky

Comment

Working...
                                X