This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer payment hell

one of my friends told me about the computer hell he had when he ordered a computer online from a well known company.

He always mailed his payment on the 15th and it was due on the 20th. They'd receive the check well within time, but then they wouldn't process it for a couple of days... thus they'd mark his account as "Late" and add on late fees.

Yep. They'd hold on to his check before processing it and then punish him for it. He's had to talk to their legal department twice.

Then he pointed out that he was actually *ahead* on his payments by an entire month, so technically NONE of his payments were late.

I think he finally worked it out with them.... but yeah, nothing like being harassed over computer payments when you're actually paying them responsibly.

Heh. Sounds like my student loans. When I was at my first job, I started paying more than I owed each month on my student loans. Every year, they would send a new coupon book with the due dates counted as if I were only paying the minimum each month. For instance, in January 2004, my next due date was August 2004. So when I got laid off, I cut all unneeded spending out until I got a new job. This included not paying on the loan since I was, by their own cupon book, eight months ahead.

You know that old saying, "If you think no one knows you exist, try not paying your bills?" It's true. Two months without a payment, and the loan company was on the phone repeatedly (Don't worry I was nice. It was amusing at the time.). I had to talk to five different people, and have them check the next due date on my records before they decided I wasn't actually skipping out on my loans. Funny how they never complained when I was paying more than was needed for four years.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

This sounds like a problem my sister may have sometime soon. She has made a couple payments on her student loans since her graduation in May, well ahead of her grace period, but has yet to see the money taken out of her account. I'm not sure if she has called about it yet, but I hope they're not about to do the same thing to her.

Comment

Working...
      X