Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read about a scam similar to this one, but in a restaurant setting and not so bold.

A person goes in orders and eats, but on the way out asks another patron if they can wave at a person A as he is leaving, person A gives some plausible reason for the wave.

Person A then tells the waitress that person B is paying for person A's meal and has person B wave as if saying that they are and person A books it outside.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

wow, I pitty you. I hope your stiff drink helped. Not everyday a crazy lady actually pulls a crazy stunt. I have no idea what I would have done in that situation. I would love to say I would scream at her or swear at her, but odds are I would have been in too much shock to do anything but get away from her as quick as possible.

If someone touched my car though....oh hell no. I woulda been on my phone at that moment.
      When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
        I was at WalMart this weekend ...
        Yet another reason to never go into a walmart.

Hell, depending on how my day had been I may have ended up backing over her. No to say that would have been right, but if you feel threatened, what can you do?
        I feel crazy. Like I'm drunk and trapped in a water globe and someone won't stop shaking it.
        -The Amazing E
        Zonies social group now open!

Comment

Geeyah that's freaky! I don't think I'll be talking to anyone at the stores I go to anymore. YAY for cashier super team though!!
          Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

I'm a cashier and I've heard the lines "Oh, he/she's paying" in jest many many times. So I'm embarressed to admit your story didn't sink in seriously at first. I was a ways down and confusedly reading your () comments when suddenly I realized, Wha? The lady was serious!

Very scary experience. And what's a PCA? Something like a caregiver? If this woman has true mental issues, then I admit I sympathize, yet that's no reason other customers and employees should be terrorized and afraid. If this has happened before, this woman needs banned unless in company of a caregiver at all times.

Quoth Nashida View Post
            "I HEARD THAT! YOU ARE CHRISTIAN! GET BACK HERE!"
            I know it was scary, but this sentence made be
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I have to say kudos for not going completely batshit insane at her, I know I would've. I've heard 'oh s/he'll pay!' in jest before but I've never heard of someone actually meaning it!

And since when does saying 'thank Gawd' instantly mean you're christian? I have friends who are Hindus that say it!
              "Honestly officer, he asked for a shot and I gave him one. Why do you need the handcuffs?" - MannersMakethMan

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
                I read about a scam similar to this one, but in a restaurant setting and not so bold.
                A-la Dumb and Dumber. The heroes are being harassed by a table of redneck yokels and go offer to buy them a round of beers on their way out as a peace gesture. So when they're at the counter and wave at the yokels, they do a total "yeah, here" gesture to the server, so she believes it.

I can't imagine that actually works. If I were a server, I'd really want any person picking up another's tab to actually come over and state "I'm paying for this guy here". Nothing else would ride with me. But I suppose when it's busy ...

Comment

Working...
                X