Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My girlfriend surprised me recently by buying me one of those glasses-looking things that hooks up to my video ipod, and lets me see the video as if it's on a 50" screen, as seen from 8 feet away. She knows that I use the ipod on the ship in order to see TV shows that I miss out at sea, and on long plane flights (just traveled 17 hours from SFO to Guam). She's thoughtful about things like that. And, of course, I like picking her up things that I know she'll like. For example, the ship I was on a few years ago made a few stops in Crete, and there were lots of dolphin sculptures and things (it's like the symbol of the island) -- and she's nuts about dolphins. The whole thing is about looking forward to the pleased expression on your SO's face.
    Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Comment

ooh yeah those glasses are great for watching vids in your rack. don't have to worry about disturbing anyone else around you. another good thing is a kindle or sony book reader... takes up lots less space than books do in those coffin lockers!

Comment

I've been thinking seriously about getting a Kindle. The only thing stopping me is whether or not it'll download books when I'm overseas. I hear that it may become compatible soon with acrobat (I have a lot of Adobe e-books).
        Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Comment

Yeah kindle doesnt work well overseas. i personally got the Sony book because it can read RTF and PDF files. - so yeah it'll even read NEETS modules! (though they're a little hard to read)

Granted I can't use sony's software (I'm on a mac) but... I can download my favorite Sci-Fi authors in RTF format for just 6 bucks a book. (Webscription.net) Heck, I haven't purchased a physical John Ringo book in well over a year now - they're all on the computer or ebook now.

Comment

Not only do I (female) get my SO (male) gifts on holidays and usually pay for dinner if we go out together, but on numerous occasions during our relationship I have gotten him something and he hasn't gotten me anything He always warns me if his finances aren't going to allow him to get anything for an upcoming holiday, but I get him something anyway because I'd feel crappy not doing so.
            My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
              One day, Gwar came to our school (the music teacher is friend of theirs).
              You have no idea how insanely jealous I am right now. I think I would've asked them to sing "Fish Fuck" for me.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth SailorMan View Post
                I've been thinking seriously about getting a Kindle. The only thing stopping me is whether or not it'll download books when I'm overseas. I hear that it may become compatible soon with acrobat (I have a lot of Adobe e-books).
                If you have an ipod already you can use that as an ebook reader. I use a file management program for my pdfs and stanza for my .lit books. Both were free and work very well. Stanza can even make the text really big if your blind. I don't know what format the adobe e-books are. PM if you want so help with that.

Comment

Quoth Bookkeeper View Post
                  Wait, are there girls who don't get their SO something for Valentine's Day? I was under the understanding that it was a mutual expression of love (or Hallmark Seriously though, why do you need a special day to tell em you love them???) shared by BOTH parties.
                  Agreed.... I always get my husband something (unless we just agree to not exchange gifts).

This year, he's getting a new video game.

Comment

Working...
                  X