This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Pizza For You!!!!

This happened to me while I was the customer; at least I was TRYING to be one. It was quite a while ago, but still makes me mad thinking about it!

My boyfriend, myself, another couple, and a single friend stopped-by a small local pizza place on our way to another friend’s house for dinner and movies. We were ordering the pizza to be delivered, but thought we would pick-up the drinks while we were here (this pizza place does that). Everyone had told me how great this pizza place was, so I was anxious to try it. For the record, all of us are in our late 20’s, look fairly respectable, and were dressed casually. We entered the pizza place at about 6PM (I specifically looked at the sign on the door and saw their closing time as 9PM on a weekend).

BF = Boyfriend (spokesperson of group)
    GBTC = Guy Behind The Counter

The rest of us look at the menu and drinks while BF orders.

GBTC: “Hi, can I help you?”
    BF: “Yes, we’d like to place a large order to be delivered.”
    GBTC: (This angry cloud sort of crossed-over his face and he smacks his hand down on the counter) “Sorry, we’re closed. Not taking anymore orders!” (And he turns on his heel and walks into the kitchen area)

We sort of looked at each-other confused, and I double-checked the time on the door. We stood there for another minute trying to decide where we would go. All the time, people were coming-in who appeared to be picking-up orders they had called in, but several others were placing NEW orders with no problem! We left and continued to our friend’s house (a mile down the road).

When we got there we told him what had happened and pulled-out the phone book to check for other pizza places in the area. It was about 6:45PM at this point, and I decided to call the pizza place we’d just left.

Me = Me
    FEOP = Female Employee On Phone

FEOP: “This is -----, how can I help you?”
    Me: “Yes, I’d like to place a large order to be delivered; are you guys still open?”
    FEOP: “Yep, we’re open until 9PM.”
    Me: “And you’re still delivering?”
    FEOP: “Yes, until 9PM.”
    Me: “All right, I’m not sure what happened then but I was just there at 6PM and my group was told by a male employee that your were closed and not taking orders.”
    FEOP: (Sounding nervous) “Umm, that must have been the Owner, I don’t know what happened.”
    Me: “All right, thank-you.”

So we never did find-out why we were denied service or what was going-on with that guy that he turned-down a $60.00 order. I can’t think that we did or said anything in the shop; we weren’t there long enough! Nor can I think that we ‘looked’ a certain way. Oh well. None of use have gone to that place since.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Maybe he thought you guys were trying to be smart-asses, or playing a prank on someone.

Or, like the guys in this ad:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoTVQWTpIUA

Comment

Quoth Javakat View Post
      Or, like the guys in this ad:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoTVQWTpIUA
      That's gotta be it. I can imagine nothing else.
      If there’s one thing women love, it’s the guy that just can’t seem to find the line that divides “Ha Ha” and “Stacey, get your purse, we’re leaving before he comes back.”.

--Gravekeeper

Comment

Had I been there, I'd probably have told any other entering customer : "This guy just told us they were closed. They're not takin any more orders".
        "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Samaliel, I'd do the same.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
          X