X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Stank of Pot Was Overwhelming.

I work as an admin assistant.

Yesterday, while receiving a package from a courier, I couldn't help but notice his very distinctive cologne: Eau De Mary Jane.

Now I don't care if you do crack cocaine in your bathroom on weekends. It's probably not a good idea, but it's none of my business.

But it is profoundly unprofessional to partake of substances during your working hours.

Especially if you're a courier DRIVER. And delivering to a CHILD care centre. There are parents coming in all the time with their children - what if they think it's coming from one of the employees?

I told the receptionist, and I think she is going to call the courier company and tell him that this driver in particular is not coming back.

I hate to be a narc, but it's bad enough this guy is driving while high, never mid while on the clock!
    http://prosenylund.wordpress.com/

You did the right thing, no way in hell would I want somebody driving my loved ones around while they're high as a kite.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I did a return for an ambulance driver with that scent last year. However, it was on a Saturday, so he could well have been off the clock. As a return takes a half-hour or longer, I find it hard to believe that he was on duty.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
        You did the right thing, no way in hell would I want somebody driving my loved ones around while they're high as a kite.
        Not to mention what MM said about customers thinking it may have come from them. That's messing with your business if you ask me. I know I'd remove my kid from a child care if I thought the employees were lighting up at work.
        wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
        ----
        Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

hell i would do more tha remove my kids if i thought the staff were getting high while looking after them
          We are the willing, led by the unknowing, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful, we have now done so much, for so long - for so many, with so little, we can now do anything with nothing!!!

Comment

LINK to a story of a pretty local to me couple.

Seems they had a grow-uup set up over a day care that they ran.

B
            "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
            I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

I used to work as a substance abuse counselor. Most clients were smart enough not to show up wasted, but this one guy came in smelling SO bad of Mary Jane that I actually had to ask him to back up while I was telling him that I couldn't see him high, the scent was making me sick. He smelled so bad that after that 5 minute conversation, I SMELLED FOR THE REST OF THE DAY! As you can imagine, that was going over well in my sessions...OY!

Comment

Working...
              X