This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religious experience at the supermarket

I just got back from a trip to the supermarket to pick up a couple of things.

While I was there, there was an unsupervised kid running around. He literally ran into an old man, who said "Jesus Christ, watch where you're going!"

So yeah, I saw Jesus at the supermarket.

for the longest time I thought my name was Jesus Christ and my brother was Dammit.

Dammit, get in the house....
    But Dad, I'm Jesus Christ....

Borrowed from Bill Cosby....

Comment

Dang! You got there first mikoyan!
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

My smartass comment to people saying "Jesus!" is usually an excited "where?" while I look around.
        Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

My mother and youngest aunt are twins. My aunt was more likely to get into trouble than my mom (or more likely to be caught at it), so my grandfather used to say, "Damnit, Janet" at her a lot. One time he said "Damnit, Janis" to my mom, and my mom (being about 8 at the time) told him, "That's her name."

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Frequently, when people say "oh, my god," I'll say "yes?"
            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
            -Mira Furlan

Comment

Well, for some people that's a reflex. I used to say "Dammit" all the time and my brother would automatically add "Janet" just to bug me. We've watched the Rocky Horror Picture Show too many times, I guess.
              It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
              -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                Frequently, when people say "oh, my god," I'll say "yes?"
                Normally I respond to that with "Don't take my name in vain." All teasing, obviously
                "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
                  Well, for some people that's a reflex. I used to say "Dammit" all the time and my brother would automatically add "Janet" just to bug me. We've watched the Rocky Horror Picture Show too many times, I guess.
                  Well, my little story is rather a bit older than RHPS.

oooh.. funny typo... I originally put HRPS...

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My dog responds to

"Damnit!"
                    "Dog Damnit"
                    "Hey you!"
                    "Geddoffathere!"
                    and
                    "Schwinebeast"

No, I'm not normally allowed to name pets.

B
                    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                    I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

The bf is a smart ass of the epic sort.
                      Me: (Bf says something horrible but funny) Oh god!! <bf's name>!
                      Bf: Oh honey, you can just call me by my name, you don't have to call me god.

He's now used to my rolling my eyes at him and responds to "dammit" as much as he does his own name...
                      "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

We use "Allah damn it" a lot around here. Yes, we are big fans of Jeff Dunham, why do you ask?

I don't know why people look at us funny when we say it.
                        Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
                          We use "Allah damn it" a lot around here.
                          On a stick.
                          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                            for the longest time I thought my name was Jesus Christ and my brother was Dammit.

Dammit, get in the house....
                            But Dad, I'm Jesus Christ....

Borrowed from Bill Cosby....
                            One of the best quotes from my childhood . . . my brother and I would literally crack up every time we'd hear that snippet.

We still do that routine from time to time . . . and he's 34 (going on 11) and I'm 40 (and some days I feel like 100).

And it probably won't be long before I learn all the words to "Jingle bombs." That should be a riot at work this Christmas at the Kitty.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth MrSmiley View Post
                              My smartass comment to people saying "Jesus!" is usually an excited "where?" while I look around.
                              You do that, too?
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X