Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I figured out the source of your hearing loss...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I figured out the source of your hearing loss...

It's that fucking music you blast from your car. The bass is rattling the wine bottles.

By the way, that's not good music. Good music doesn't call women names every-other-word. Nor does it talk about committing violence in such a laid-back way.

Then again, one never hears Vivaldi or Rachmaninoff blasted at 120dB, does one?

No, but if one hangs around my mother, one shall hear Winnie-the-Pooh blasted in retaliation.

Comment

Quoth Indigo View Post
      No, but if one hangs around my mother, one shall hear Winnie-the-Pooh blasted in retaliation.
      *makes notes*

The Disney music, or the Kenny Loggins song?

Never mind. Both work, and I have them on my iPod.

Now....TO FIND SPEAKERS!

Comment

My solution is generally JPop or JRock, actually. The WTF factor increases as you watch people try and figure out what in the hell is being said in the song, and not quite grasping it's in another language.

Bonus points if it intersperses random English phrasing before switching back to Japanese.

Comment

I DO have a Tsu Shi Ma Mi Re album...

Too bad it's not the one with the Teen Titans or Powerpuff Girls themes.

Comment

After what my neighbor pulled last Saturday with his new surround sound system, I fully intend to get a CD or something full of either gory screaming or obnoxious sex noises and leave it playing all night while I'm at work.

He had his surround sound so jacked up that I thought it was storming. The wall that he and I share was rumbling.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I don't understand the appeal of having bass so intense it rattles your sinuses and threatens to burst internal organs. There must be one, right? Because so many people turn their bass up, so...right?

*wilts*

I really really really want my little cottage in the woods now.

Comment

It was the Disney version. My younger bros were much younger then. We were at a gas station and the sliding door of the van was open while Mom was filling up (no AC in the van). These guys pull up to the next pump, blasting music full of cussing and talking about criminal activity. What they didn't know is that my older bro loves messing with sound systems so we had a pretty good one in that minivan. Mom asked them to turn it down as there were young children around and they cussed at her. So she reaches in, pops in the first tape she could reach, and turns it all up. The entire gas station then heard "Winnie-the-Pooh, Winnie-the-Pooh, ......" to the point of drowning out the guys' music. They left and my mom got a round of applause from everyone there.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post

Then again, one never hears Vivaldi or Rachmaninoff blasted at 120dB, does one?
                  You do if you're around me... Or showtunes... Or bagpipes. That one always works.

Although not at 120dB. 100 maybe....
                  "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                    My solution is generally JPop or JRock, actually. The WTF factor increases as you watch people try and figure out what in the hell is being said in the song, and not quite grasping it's in another language.

Bonus points if it intersperses random English phrasing before switching back to Japanese.

Great minds think alike, Lupo. I do this exact same thing. Or, if not J-Rock, I'll put in some opera. Wanna see some weird looks? Blare 'La Donna E Mobile' with the windows down.
                    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
                      Great minds think alike, Lupo. I do this exact same thing. Or, if not J-Rock, I'll put in some opera. Wanna see some weird looks? Blare 'La Donna E Mobile' with the windows down.
                      "The difference between a soprano and a Doberman is that if you feed the Doberman, it stops howling" - Debi Smith
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Indigo, your mom is official awesome.

Corvus Corax is my fav for the WTF? music blast o retalliation.
                        Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

I never thought about using Pooh, but I have used one of Great Big Sea's albums, usually either Donkey Riding or Old Black Rum. I love the looks I get for those songs. Most of the people around where I live have discovered it is not a good idea to piss off the wiccan with access to folk music and Irish drinking songs. I can and will play them as loud as my little sidekick's speakers can handle. We can't forget Kellianna and Nightwish. I find that the music I listen to gets all kinds of strange looks, but then I live near the largest military post.

Comment

"A Night on Bald Mountain"

or, of course, who can forget "The 1812 Overture" - if you can get a recording played with actual cannon, this is a fantastic retribution.
                            Seshat's self-help guide:
                            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                              You do if you're around me... Or showtunes... Or bagpipes. That one always works.

Although not at 120dB. 100 maybe....
                              I don't think bagpipes go below 120dB. Which is why they're sooooo perfect.

Quoth Seshat View Post
                              "A Night on Bald Mountain"

or, of course, who can forget "The 1812 Overture" - if you can get a recording played with actual cannon, this is a fantastic retribution.
                              "Mars, the Bringer of War".
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                              X