Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It takes a special kind of sick fuck to coax an animal over just to take a swing at them. That goes beyond the normal animal abuser line of thinking that it is "just a dumb animal so it doesn't matter" and crosses over into sadism. I agree with the others, file a police report, they may not do much about it now but at the very least that helps them set up a pattern of behavior if he pulls this crap again, which can lead to the kind of punishment he really deserves.

Comment

I don't particularly like dogs, but I would NEVER do that to one. The poor thing didn't deserve it. Give him cuddles for me?
      And as for the paperboy.....well I won't share the special anger I feel for him right now.
      Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
      http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post

I'm so glad your dog is okay, and I hope that karma balances that paperboy in a very painful way.

It just might, he'll take a swing at the wrong dog someday. And that dog will fight back. Give your dog a hug from me as well.

Comment

Oh, the anger... There is SUCH a difference between trying to hit a dog who you're worried is going to attack you, like if they just run over and you're afraid...and deliberately calling a dog over JUST so you can try and hit it. Methinks there's a special place in Hell for sociopathic animal abusers...
          "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
          "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
          Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth Brojekk View Post
            It just might, he'll take a swing at the wrong dog someday. And that dog will fight back. Give your dog a hug from me as well.
            Unfortunately, it will probably end-up all being blamed on the dog.

I hope more people complain about that sicko paper boy!

Hugs and kisses for your dog!
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

If anyone pulled that on my Casey... I don't know what I'd do. She was a shelter rescue- she is extremely shy of people and I trying to get her used to people by taking her places. So far she warms up to calm kids and women but men, loud noises, or sudden movements scare the crap out of her- reducing her to a shivering ball of goggie. If we're walking and she gets scared, she'll cross to my other side (putting me between what scares her); standing- she'll rear up and put her paws on my chest or if she is really scared she'll curl into a ball at my feet; sitting- she'll get as close as possible.

I'd send the story to the local newspaper and tv station.

Comment

I'd second, third and fourth calling the police.

Comment

My dog is not a rescue or abused dog, but if anyone ever touched her the wrong way, there'd be blood.

My parents once told me that the idiot Can Rat brats (unsupervised little shits who are always wandering in my parents' and neighbors' yards for aluminum cans) from across the way have slapped Bear before, and I've said "If I ever see one of those brats near the dog myself, I will punt those little bastards like a field goal."
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Stories like this, of unnecessary cruelty get my blood boiling!

However, it is nice to see how many people are united in this and condemn the fucking awful behaviour of the paper boy

Comment

Quoth Brojekk View Post
                      Quoth LillFilly View Post
                      Unfortunately, it will probably end-up all being blamed on the dog.
                      Yup.

Dogs can be put down. People can't.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

All good pieces of advice.
                        Maybe not assaulting him personally (you never know, if he is such a son of an Expletive Deleted he might come after YOUR ar*e), but sure reporting him to the Police for animal abuse, letting the paper know you have done so and making sure all your neighbours - at least those who have pets - are aware of what happened.

Glad to hear that Mogli wasn't affected negatively. Jungle Book fan?
                        FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                          Dogs can be put down. People can't.
                          *sigh* No, sadly they can't. If any asshole were to call over my Gracie just to hit her they would end up swallowing thier teeth, I'm hoping karmic justice finds this guy in the form of a dangerous stray.
                          ......../\
                          ....../__\
                          ..../\...../\
                          ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth C. Cecil Ivanish View Post
                            but sure reporting him to the Police for animal abuse, letting the paper know you have done so and making sure all your neighbours - at least those who have pets - are aware of what happened.

Glad to hear that Mogli wasn't affected negatively. Jungle Book fan?
                            Done and done. Told the HOA about him, told all my dog owning friends in the area about him, and with any hope, he won't be delivering papers here any more. I wasn't up as early this morning, but I did notice my upstairs neighbor had no paper, so I dunno.

As for being a jungle book fan, he was actually named by the shelter since he was picked up as a stray, and we figured it was appropriate, liked it, and kept the name. :-)
                            Coworker: Distro of choice?
                            Me: Gentoo.
                            Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

Quoth Midorikawa View Post
                              Done and done. Told the HOA about him, told all my dog owning friends in the area about him, and with any hope, he won't be delivering papers here any more. I wasn't up as early this morning, but I did notice my upstairs neighbor had no paper, so I dunno.
                              Good!
                              Sorry for the upstairs neighbour who didn't get his/her paper, but I'm sure that they'll manage to employ a human being to take over that idiot's rounds.
                              Quoth Midorikawa View Post
                              As for being a jungle book fan, he was actually named by the shelter since he was picked up as a stray, and we figured it was appropriate, liked it, and kept the name.
                              Oh well, fair enough! Still a very good name.
                              FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

If he would have pulled that shit on my dogs he would have been absolutely DESTROYED. Hard to deliver papers when your wrists are shattered. Seriously though, good for you for taking steps to protect your dog and nail that little bastard.
                                Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

Working...
                                X