Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, leaving aside the question of basic human decency, what happened to basic self-preservation? And this message is for all the little pardners out there.

Sure, take a poke at that doggy or kitty, give it a kick, have your fun. You're bigger, you're stronger, you're entitled, right?

But consider this, as you start your career as a budding sociopath, sure, the people who own the pet are probably nice suburban people, wouldn't hurt a fly.

But you don't know that. These people almost certainly are Starbucks-drinking, mini-van-driving, 2.3 children having, American Idol watching perfectly harmless Middle Americans.

Or they could be the kind of people who keep machetes and a wood chipper handy for anybody who messes with them or what's theirs.

See what I mean? Basic self preservation. Sure, it's fun to mess with people, but until you do it, whatever IT is, you have no idea how they'll react to what you've done. Crying children and indignant parents--Happy Fun Time! Bellowing rednecks and baseball bats--Stitches and Orthopedic Surgeryl time!

Does no one think a step ahead anymore?
    I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Quoth TonyDonuts View Post
      See what I mean? Basic self preservation. Sure, it's fun to mess with people, but until you do it, whatever IT is, you have no idea how they'll react to what you've done. Crying children and indignant parents--Happy Fun Time! Bellowing rednecks and baseball bats--Stitches and Orthopedic Surgeryl time!

No, no they don't. They really should, though. Someone going berserk with rage doesn't only happen in the movies.

I didn't tell the Hubster about this post. See, he appears to be a quiet, laid back guy with an easy sense of humor, the sort of person everyone likes to hang out with.

But I guarantee you, you mess with his dog, his wife, or anything/anyone important to him, he not only knows several dozen ways to hurt you, he WILL use them ALL without even blinking. He can be very, very scary, simply because nobody expects it from him. Their mistake.
      What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth TonyDonuts View Post
        Okay, leaving aside the question of basic human decency, what happened to basic self-preservation? And this message is for all the little pardners out there.

Sure, take a poke at that doggy or kitty, give it a kick, have your fun. You're bigger, you're stronger, you're entitled, right?

But consider this, as you start your career as a budding sociopath, sure, the people who own the pet are probably nice suburban people, wouldn't hurt a fly.

But you don't know that. These people almost certainly are Starbucks-drinking, mini-van-driving, 2.3 children having, American Idol watching perfectly harmless Middle Americans.

Or they could be the kind of people who keep machetes and a wood chipper handy for anybody who messes with them or what's theirs.

I'm a proud redneck,but I rarely bellow & I don't own a baseball bat.I do however own numerous guns.If you hurt my dog for no reason (& there would be no reason,she's only 43 lbs & loves people) then we will have a serious discussion about the effects of a Hornady .45 200 gr XTP +P on the human body.
        "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
          I didn't tell the Hubster about this post. See, he appears to be a quiet, laid back guy with an easy sense of humor, the sort of person everyone likes to hang out with.

But I guarantee you, you mess with his dog, his wife, or anything/anyone important to him, he not only knows several dozen ways to hurt you, he WILL use them ALL without even blinking. He can be very, very scary, simply because nobody expects it from him. Their mistake.
          Same here. I mean, he does look tough, but people who have met him do not expect to see RAGE OVERWHELMING as soon as I start crying. Heck, my father-in-law killed my hamster because he wouldn't listen to us telling him not to give her carrots, and she died of wet-tail because it rotted in her cage. I thought hubby was going to verbally disembowel his father.
          Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
          http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

I...fifty second? the intent to hit the paperboy with as hard of a rock as I possibly can. If I had anyone try to do that with my J.J they would find themselves bitch slapped.
            Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

I am a bit of an Aussie redneck (on weekends, part of the tie and suit brigade during the week), and the things I would do to any one harming an animal.

We have 2 pet turtles living in the lab - if anyone harms them, there will be many sorts of mayhem and trouble for them

Comment

Where do you live? I'll be over there with a baseball bat in the morning.

My dog (one in my avatar) was abused. At a kennel that we had taken him to for two weeks back in 2002 when we were moving to a new house. Thought they'd keep him safe. Instead they tortured my dog.

Place was owned by a friend of my dog's breeder. They raise dogs of the same breed as my dog. Apparently while my dog was there, the owner was out of town at some dog shows, pimping...err...showing her dogs. Left her nephew and sister in charge.

I got my dog back from the kennel and immediately noticed something was wrong. He had at least two big scabs on his head (kid repeatedly punched my dog, while wearing a big ring on his hand). He had bruised kidneys. (got kicked) Bruised ribs, and gravel road rash in his groin and on his chest. Apparently TinyMonsters had laid down on the ground at some point and refused to move. (he used to do that to me when he didnt want to go inside) The sadist DRAGGED my dog on gravel and apparently did it more than once. Vet found wounds and bruises that were in different stages of healing.

My dog had pieces of gravel in his groin and the cuts were infected. I got the feeling the kid abused him the entire time he was there.

The vet turned in the kennel. I turned in the kennel. I also will occasionally post reviews of the kennel on the internet about our experience. (they get deleted or disappear) They're still in business tho. Hope the nephew doesnt work for his aunt anymore, Tiny had stayed in the kennel once before and had a great time there. It was just that second time where the nephew was beating on him.

My happy dog came home to me with all sorts of phobias and strange behavior that he didnt have before that. I had to set all the phones in the house so that they didnt have the chirpy noise when you dial the phone. Apparently the chirp noise either sounded like, or reminded Tiny of the noise of the security system in the kennel. Tiny was imprinted with that noise and would get scared every time he heard a similar noise.

At least Tiny was still friendly and was the best dog I ever had. But that kid did so much damage to him emotionally. He was never really the same after that. I think he had kidney damage from the beating. (I also think my neighbor killed my dog...but that's another story)

So, when I hear of or see someone hurting an animal, it makes me want to go get a baseball bat, some zip ties, and a car battery and some jumper cables. Waterboarding a dog abuser would be ok with me, but I'd end up forgetting to pull the guy up out of the water.

Comment

Now, I admit, I've been known to give my dogs the occasional swat on the nose when they're being sassy, but I'm the only one allowed to do so. My big dog has...issues with being on a leash and possibly with barriers as well. Threaten my furkids, and I may not be so inclined to make the big dog behave. I also have a vicious attack cockatiel. He will seriously jack you up.

I hope Mowgli hasn't suffered any lingering damage from this nutball. He seems like such a sweet boy. Lots of scritches and cookies from me.
                  I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
                    Now, I admit, I've been known to give my dogs the occasional swat on the nose when they're being sassy, but I'm the only one allowed to do so.

I hope Mowgli hasn't suffered any lingering damage from this nutball. He seems like such a sweet boy. Lots of scritches and cookies from me.
                    He's been fine since. I think it was more traumatic for me than it was for him. As for swatting him, with his previous abuse, the most I ever do is my index and middle finger on top of his snout as a "I've asked you twice. STOP!" move. I don't do it hard, and I certainly wouldn't wheel back for a full golf swing with follow through.

I'm pretty sure that paperboy lost his job, as he hasn't been back. There's a new paperboy. That said, I don't see the need to write to the paper about it, since they handled it that day obviously.
                    Coworker: Distro of choice?
                    Me: Gentoo.
                    Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

Quoth Erin View Post
                      My dog (one in my avatar) was abused. At a kennel that we had taken him to for two weeks back in 2002 when we were moving to a new house. Thought they'd keep him safe. Instead they tortured my dog.
                      Things like that...are why I don't board my kitties when I'm on vacation. When I still had Kitty, he was only at the kennel once. He got his shots, had someone to play with him, meals, etc. But, after their rates went up the next summer (to *double* what they were before), I couldn't afford that. Instead, he stayed at my cousin's. Never again. From what I can tell, he was kept in his carrier the entire week he was at her house He was a mess when I brought him home--dried food in his fur, shit all over him, etc. Truly nasty, and a pain to clean up. He smelled so bad, I had to give him a bath...and got the shit scratched out of me in the process.

Needless to say, I was pretty fucking furious. Even more so, when it was my cousin's *son* who kept him in that carrier. It took all I had not to beat the shit out of him. I did though, pick him up by the shirt, slam him against the wall...and let him know that if he *ever* did that to my cat again, he'd be pushing up daisies in my grandmother's back 40
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Definitely a sociopath, if not on the verge of becoming one; you know someone is screwed up severely in the head when they will coax an animal over just to hit them.

I'm another who has zero tolerance for animal abuse - if I was witness to that shit, I'd hide in waiting for the rotten, useless little wankstain with a Super Soaker filled with ammonia. He won't be assaulting any more animals if he's blind. And that'd just be for starters - I'd be out for blood.

I hope he tangles with the wrong dog one day...I hope that dog rips out his throat and pisses in the open wound. Glad to hear the fucker lost his job (it seems). And I'm glad to hear your pup wasn't too traumatized by what happened.

Comment

Hey guys. While I can certainly understand our wrath toward this little cretin, we don't advocate violence on here. Let's try to clean it up a bit, eh? Thanks!
                          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Echoing all the sentiments in this thread thus far-- both the sympathy for the dog, and the hatred for the sociopathic paperboy. I know that if someone had tried to do that to any of the dogs we've had (from Pepsi to Dooney to our new puppy Mocha), they'd better hope they can outrun me.

Quoth ShadowBall View Post
                            Glad to hear the fucker lost his job (it seems).
                            Sadly, the cynic in me says that he probably hasn't-- just been suspended and probably transferred to a different route-- while the optimist in me believes he's unemployed now.
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

sounds like those kids need to be treated the same way your puppy was.

and out of curiosity what sites were the reviews on (if you want to say)

Things like that...are why I don't board my kitties when I'm on vacation.
                              back when i was in VA i actually found a nice place to board my kitty.... my Vet. they only handled cats and they adored my little Viggo. They had cages but they would let him out to run around the facility because he was so well behaved.
                              Last edited by PepperElf; 11-19-2010, 12:05 AM.

Comment

That reminds me of when we got our dog neutered. We left him at the vet and ended up going on a week's vacation. We thought the vet was actually going to take care of him since he was, you know, a vet. Our mistake.

Come back after that week and find out that he had been crammed in a 'large' cage that was still pretty damn small--he was a German Shepherd! They hardly let him out of there. He had no space where he could go potty because the cage was too small. So he basically held it. The entire week. When we got our poor baby home, he peed for like half an hour!

We were so mad at the vet, we switched vets. That should NEVER happen to a doggy. The only good thing is at least his incision healed properly and all that.
                                "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                                "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                                Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Working...
                                X