Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you know the muffin sniffer that lives on EW lane?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
    I've been startled out of a shopping stupor before by walking past one of the endcaps and having it suddenly giggling and cooing at me because of all those "real live baby doll" toys that have motion sensors on them.
    I'd have dropped my shopping & run screaming. I've seen way too many horror films
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

It's like those Halloween items that start laughing or screaming when you walk past them. But those are so fake-sounding they don't even startle me anymore.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I know. I've come to expect the Halloween ones, so they don't bother me. But I don't expect an endcap near the legos to start babbling and giggling in horror-movie cacophony.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          It's like those Halloween items that start laughing or screaming when you walk past them. But those are so fake-sounding they don't even startle me anymore.
          Around here the stores always have a specific aisle for the halloween stuff and usually a 'roof' over it to make it clear where it is. It certainly stops people walking into it unaware and being surprised by the noisy items.
          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            That would freak me out. But then, I got yelled at by a box of haircolor the other day.

Yeah. Some marketing idiot thought it would be a great idea to have some kind of motion-detector thing on the shelf that would start yelling about what a great deal this is, blah blah blah...nearly jumped out of my skin.
            Oh gawd, I hate those things. My Green Wal has promotions for things on the end caps with motion sensors: they literally start screaming at you to buy them anytime someone walks by. It is obnoxious and I never see anyone actually go near the product.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth ShadowBall View Post
              Hmm, maybe the baked goods should be kept in a display case accessible only from the cashier's side of the counter. Like cigarettes, condoms and batteries. Because anything at all that is edible that is left to the hands of the general public will get molested at some point. The fucking tomato squeezers, corn peelers, bread patters, pastry sniffers, and melon jugglers. Meanwhile, the things these people do not deem satisfactory end up with finger holes and bruises and stuck back on the shelf.

I wish every piece of food the public has access to in any store (like fresh produce or baked goodies) could be equipped with a voice box. That way, when someone squeezes it, it would scream, "Oh god, I'm bleeding internally! God please no more!"
              Like you said, if the can't destroy the baked goods, they will destroy the produce, packaged breads, meats, etc. And people wonder why you see more product wrapped in plastic that would normally be loose.

Comment

Working...
              X