Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I've gathered on these forums here, there is a certain degree of overreaction involved in the US - or rather, overestimation of the threat of free-roaming pedophiles. To my knowledge, in the US as well as in Europe, the risk of kids being molested by strangers on the street is far, far lower than the risk of being molested by someone the kid knows and trusts.

Must be a result of that whole, "Stranger Danger!" thing, I guess.

When I was a kid watching (among others) the show "Masters of the Universe", they used to have some kind of moral message at the end of the show. In one episode, they had the characters explain to the audience about how our body was ours, and nobody was allowed to do anything to it that we didn't like, and if someone did, we should tell our parents or a teacher or something.

I remember - still, after some 25 years or so - being completely baffled what, exactly, Teela and Orco were trying to tell me. It wasn't until much later that I remembered this cartoon and finally understood what they'd been going on about.
    You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Working...
    X