This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scuse me but that's my game...

So I did pre-order sims 3 pets, I went with physical release day delivery. I was waiting all very early morning, staring out the window, until my mom forces me to get some sleep. I woke up a bit ago, and went down to check, and just as I opened up the front door, I see this kid, who does not live around here lean down to pick up the game.

Me: You going to drop my game or am I going to have to wrench it from your cold dead hands?

He looked at me and laughed, so I stepped aside so he could see my 8 year old german shepherd trying to wriggle her head past me to see who it was, he drops it and runs!

Blarg, people and mail...don't they know it's a crime to steal it?

I would have threatened someone with death too... >< I preordered from Newegg for a couple of reasons... (I have the preferred account so get rush shipping, blah blah) and they decided to JUST ship it this morning. So I won't get it til the 20th. Sigh... Idiots. But yeah, if someone stole something that I had been waiting anxiously for, they would be in worlds of pain and trouble.

Comment

I get my goodies shipped to my workplace, where it gets handed to our shipping guy, who just happens to also be my boyfriend. (he works here because he's my boyfriend, not the other way 'round)

Of course, the collector's edition Arkham City that showed up today is his, not mine... The statue looks awesome, by the way.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Standards are falling everywhere. And there's nothing you can do about it. Unless you have a hostile, large German Shepard. Or an irate Siamese cat.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

i have to say that's why i like where i live.

first of all normally no one takes packages from in front of doors...

with one exception. the sweet vietnam vet on the second floor picked up a package for us while we were away for the weekend and left us a note. the next time he saw us he handed the package over and asked us how our vacation was.

Comment

Someone in my building steals packages and laundry detergent. Grrr. Now I have to pick up my packages at the post office, which happens to open after I'm at work and close before I can leave.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Back when I used to lurk on the EA forums, a LOT of people complained that even when they ordered rush shipping on their Sims games, they wouldn't come in for a few days. Meanwhile I'd waltz down to the store on Tuesday and grab a copy.

Speaking of...I have to take care of business in EVE and then install my copy of Pets. :P

Comment

I wouldn't have given a warning.
                Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

I use the American Staffordshire Terrier method myself. The media refers to the breed as Pit Bull. She scares the crap out of people. Too bad she'd just lick'em silly.
                  GFY

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                    Of course, the collector's edition Arkham City that showed up today is his, not mine... The statue looks awesome, by the way.

^-.-^
                    You have to tell me how you enjoy this. I still need to finish Arkham Asylum, but I have a huge backlog right now with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, going to do Fallout 3 afterwards, and by that time, Assassin's Creed Revelations and Skyward Sword will have already come out.
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

boo. i have to wait till november for the PC version.

benefit of the boonies is all packages that wont fit in the mailbox get left at the posties and we go get them ourselves.
                      Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

Soooo many games coming out.

Why do they have to release Assassins Creed Revelations AND Saints Row The Third on the SAME DAY!?
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

So some kid went up on your porch and grabbed a package? what the hell?

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                            Unless you have a hostile, large German Shepard. Or an irate Siamese cat.
                            Both good options

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                            i have to say that's why i like where i live.

first of all normally no one takes packages from in front of doors...

with one exception. the sweet vietnam vet on the second floor picked up a package for us while we were away for the weekend and left us a note. the next time he saw us he handed the package over and asked us how our vacation was.
                            I live in the ghetto and was pleasantly surprised to find none of my packages from Amazon disappeared. Though it could be that my next door neighbor is a stay at home mom (as far as I can tell) and notices a lot of what goes on. And at least one of my housemates is most likely home at any one time.
                            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Jealousness. I'm gonna have to wait until Christmas to get the PS3 and then get Arkham. *sigh*
                              I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Working...
                              X